As the Radiologic Technologist, I report to the Lead Provider. I understand the significance of providing sincere care for each of our guests and their safety while in our care. In conjunction, I provide x-rays at the provider’s direction and offer outstanding clinical support by understanding the value of communication, a helpful hand and the importance of relating to one’s needs.
- I provide a genuine welcome to all guests as they enter DOC and lead hospitality efforts by maintaining a courteous, attentive and professional manner. I follow all protocols to reduce anxiety, provide explanation of treatment and ensure each guest departs with all questions answered.
- I lead guest flow including rooming guests, taking vitals, setting up injections, obtaining prior authorizations for injections, taking inventory/ordering supplies, educating guests and applying DME.
- I apply safety techniques, register guests in PACS and transport guests between rooms.
- I provide support to Guest Ambassador position by assisting guest registration, benefits verification, check out procedures, follow up calls and other lobby tasks.
- I maintain patient confidentiality and ensure PHI is secure at all times. I have a comprehensive knowledge and working understanding of HIPAA regulations and continual compliance.
- I facilitate guest flow by notifying providers and other team members of guests’ arrival, having awareness of delays, and providing continual communication with all.
- I proactively minimize radiation to guest and team members by practicing radiation protection techniques and following all DOC protocols.
- I ensure operation of radiology equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements including but not limited to following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, scheduling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventory and service history.
- I assist providers with guest care by documenting care utilizing both EMR and PAC technology.
- I ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements.
- I maintain and evolve my professional and technical knowledge.
I exemplify the following competencies
- My leadership is proactive.
- I am ARRT certified with at least 1-year of experience.
- I obtain a Texas Medical Radiologic Technologist License.
- My behaviors and standards model DOCs values and deliver a service experience that is unrivaled.
- I use active listening skills.
- My behavior is enthusiastic.
- I enjoy working as part of a team.
- I am flexible and adaptable.
- I am able to lift up to 50lbs.
- I am proficient in computer skills.