As a Medical Assistant, I report to the Practice Manager. My lead roles are administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of the Orthopedic surgeon. The combined role of MA/Surgery Scheduler assumes responsibility for surgery scheduling, insurance authorizations, backup support for both the front desk and clinical team members. As the MA, I make guest service and conveying a positive image a core part of my daily work.
- I work with guests to answer questions, provide reassurance and show empathy at all times.
- I organize all aspects of scheduling guests for surgery including insurance authorizations.
- I lead registration, benefits verification and check out procedures.
- I provide genuine welcome to our guests as they enter DOC and lead hospitality efforts by maintaining a courteous, attentive and professional manner.
- I maintain guest confidentiality and ensure PHI is secure at all times. I obtain a comprehensive knowledge and working understanding of HIPAA regulations and continual compliance.
- I prepare guests with all clinical and administrative information needed for surgery as directed by physician.
- I seamlessly coordinate all aspects of scheduling guests for surgery including but not limited to:
- Coordination with the place of surgery
- Authorization by insurance company
- Financial estimates
- Coordination with cardiologists, lab or other providers
- Preparing exam rooms, keeping rooms clean and stocked with necessary supplies
- Cleaning and sterilizing instruments and disposing of contaminated supplies
- Accurately record guest medical history, vital signs, and test results in medical record
- I complete all chart prep and surgical packets
- I send/receive medical records
- I obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information.
- I check-in guests and collect demographic information, verify insurance coverage and collect copays.
- I provide support for front desk duties and all DOC office team members.
I exemplify the following competencies
- My leadership is proactive.
- My behaviors and standards model DOC’s values and deliver a service experience that is unrivaled.
- I use active listening skills.
- I maintain composure in stressful situations.
- I exhibit cooperation, flexibility and provide assistance with communicating with guest, physicians and team.
- I support the team that I work with.
- I am flexible and adaptable.
- I am able to lift up to 50lbs.
- I am proficient in computer skills.