Job Title: MD, DO, NP, PA
Reports To: Medical Director, Chief Administrative Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: In order to provide safe, friendly effective health care services to patients, providers will perform the following essential duties and responsibilities and will meet the educational and certificate standards. Physician Assistants will also execute duties and adhere to responsibilities under the direction of each clinic’s Medical Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to the following:
· Collect medical, social, family and past medical history on each patient. This includes:
o chief complaint, review of system with current complaints, active medications and allergies
· Perform and document a comprehensive physical exam
· Order and evaluate diagnostic tests such as x-ray, electrocardiogram and laboratory tests.
· Prescribe and direct procedures such as oral medications, injections, wound care, fractures, laceration repairs, labs, splinting and casting and specialized testing
· Develop and implement a plan of care with progress notation for each patient
· Assist in continuity of care for returning patients.
· Educate and counsel patients on their condition, plan of care and prescribed therapeutic regimen
· Increase patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a fast, friendly and compassionate manner
· Have basic skills and knowledge of electronic medical records and able to use a computer adequately to document patient care
· Must be able to perform and complete duties which may include lifting Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· Lead and support the flow of patients in a timely manner
· Direct, educate and instruct support staff in the care of patients
· Maintain an effective, congenial work atmosphere while directing care of patients in the clinic
· Follow direction of the administrative team utilizing protocols and practice guidelines that have been and will be established
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education: All providers must meet one of the following:
A. Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy
B. Nurse Practitioner with a Master’s Degree (NP) or Doctorate in Nursing (DNP) or Physician Assistant (PA/PA-C) with a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS), Health Sciences (MHS) or Medical Science (MMSc). Those who have been working in the medical field prior to these requirements will be grand-fathered in.
Certificates and Licenses:
A. All Providers must be current in both Basic Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Life Support (ALS). Providers must maintain both BCLS and ACLS during their employment.
B. All Providers must have current non-restricted state licenses to practice in their field.
C. All Providers must maintain a current DEA License, malpractice coverage and eligible for insurance credentialing.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the provider is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The provider is frequently required to sit, stand and walk.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
· Access to the public is unrestricted.
· Associate might be at risk from unhappy or angry patients because of wait time or payment collection.
· Associate is frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazard.
Through high touch and high tech, we provide accessible and affordable healthcare by restoring trust in the DIRECT patient physician relationship to promote wellness
Design a Patient Care delivery system that exemplifies a culture of quality outcomes and excellent customer experience. Using a collaborative approach, we will assess, plan, implement and monitor best practice in patient care, resource management, and compliance meeting the medical and wellness needs of our community. Founded on a culture of staff engagement and accountability, this cost-efficient model will be sustainable and accessible to all customers.
ü Integrity is how well our actions support our moral compass embodied in our Mission and Vision.
ü Compassion- without it, our care would be a fruitless effort.
ü Commitment- our commitment to providing quality and access at a reasonable price is vital to our mission.
ü Trustworthiness is fragile and must be earned daily. It’s the glue that keeps our organization together and growing.
ü Teamwork- is the ability to work together towards our Mission and Vision.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of this position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Why Work Here?Our PEO (Professional Employer Organization) company has an immediate opening for a Benefits Specialist.
Awesome company, great benefits, and lots of room to growth!!
San Antonio, TX