🌐 About Us: Founded in Silicon Valley, Direct Line Global (www.dl-global.com) is a market-leading, globally recognized technology services provider serving the growing data center industry's mission-critical design, installation, and managed services needs.
🌟 Join Our Growing Team Across Multiple Locations! 🌍
🚀 Exciting News Direct Line is thrilled to announce that we're expanding our horizons and looking for talented individuals to join us across various locations. If you're ready to be part of a dynamic team shaping the future of Data Centers, this is your opportunity- https://dl-global.com/current-roles/
Direct Line ("DL") is a high growth global technology services company with primary focus in providing design, integration, installation, maintenance and managed services to well-known data center operators and technology companies. Direct Line deploys decades of experience and knowledge through key partnerships with hyperscale technology companies and multi-tenant data center operators that give its clients a competitive marketplace advantage. Direct Line is committed to continually improving our industry through certified training of cutting-edge technicians that deliver superior results with a passion for detail. Direct Line is headquartered in Fremont, California with additional locations in Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, New Mexico, the Pacific Northwest, Asia-Pacific and Europe.
The Project Engineer (PE) is a key member of the site operations team. The PE has a leadership and planning role working with the Project Manager to assess and direct the feasibility of the schedule and production. They review the technical plans of the project, maintain comprehensive data for all aspects of the project, examine trends and help determine how to manage change and growth. They make budget recommendations, estimate time requirements, and determine the resources necessary for meeting all project goals.
Project engineers are a liaison between the field technicians and the site management teams. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to scheduling, QA/QC, and safety. The PE communicates all aspects of the project to the extended teams ensuring a thorough understanding of the overall project and plan of attack. They manage adherence to the site standards, procedures, and practices, and facilitates record-keeping of pertinent site records. They carry out the inspection of the construction site, review site practices, monitor the workflow and recommend/implement plans for improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Provide technical expertise throughout the pre-construction process
- Participate in the constructability review and assess the feasibility of the pre-Construction schedule
- Will be involved in proposals and estimates during the project pursuit process
Project Planning and Execution
- Responsible for keeping all projects on schedule and on budget and meeting required deadlines
- Supervising and supporting the project manager in keeping all project logs current
- If challenges arise on the site, the project engineer must work with the client to resolve them
- Will ensure that submittals are obtained, reviewed, and approved, and that materials and equipment are released for fabrication in time for delivery as required at jobsite
- Develop detailed project schedule in cooperation with the project manager and superintendent
- Assist in management of project permit process
- Drives innovation and efficiencies with new technologies, techniques, and pre-fabrication
- Review design specifications, scope of work and drawing packages for constructability
- Assist with the modification/development of the construction and resource schedules
- Update the construction schedule on a regular basis
- Advise the project team of potential issues or deficiencies
- Develop project and budget estimates
- Ensure full visibility and understanding of the construction approach and relevant site standards to the extended team
- Participate in periodic quality/safety checks to ensure compliance to site standards
- Analyze daily progress for compliance to expected schedule
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor daily/weekly updates
- Oversee Test result submittals and documentation submittals
- Work with the extended teams such as Safety, QA/QC to conduct site specific training
- Review drawings and physically measure rooms to ensure they are true to specs for generating complete as-builds.
- Periodic change of duties upon request.
- Assist site management team with Change Orders, RFI's, Submittal packages, and possible design changes
- Assist site management team with as-builts and other related close-out documents e.g. certified test results, and as-builts
- Contribute and participate in project lessons learned
- Understand and communicate to all field personnel the goals regarding construction
- Maintain positive relationships with the client throughout the project(s)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business management, electrical engineering, construction management or similar experience
- 5+ years of direct work experience in any of these areas: construction management, data centers, or structured cabling environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, develop detailed associated tasks, and manage these to final completion and customer turnover
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Ability to use specialized software for collaboration and time management, including spreadsheets, Bluebeam etc.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential
- Experience with inventory control and process improvement
- Strong time management and analytical skills
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows based computer applications with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to multitask and lead initiatives
- OHSA 30 certification
Why Direct Line? We believe diversity fuels innovation, and opportunities at Direct Line are as diverse as your skills. Focusing on innovation and growth, Direct Line offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities to take your future to new heights. If you're looking for a career in a high-tech industry, surrounded by team members who want to work hard and have fun – where you are respected and valued. You belong at Direct Line. We also offer industry-leading benefits and support a positive work-life balance.
Direct Line GlobalAshburn, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.