Job Title: SQL DBA
Company: Direct IT Recruiting Inc.
Job Category: Full-time
Career Level: Intermediate to Senior
Work Experience: 5+ years SQL DBA
- Configuration planning and deploying MS SQL servers on cloud and on-premise servers.
- Performance and general health/capacity monitoring.
- Tuning and load balancing of servers.
- Do routine maintenance including database rebuilds/re-indexing/expansion and archiving.
- Trouble-shoot MS SQL server problems, and assist in the resolution of application problems.
- Server upgrades/migrations.
- Assist in database code promotions & data fixes.
- Disaster Recovery/High Availability (DR/HA), backup & recovery of local and remote replicated databases.
- Provide DBA support to development/implementation projects as assigned, doing installations, database loading, migrations, testing, etc.
- Prepare change control documentation.
- 5+ years of progressive technical working experience as a SQL Database Administrator.
- MS SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012
- Windows Servers, versions 2012 and up
- Windows Client
- Azure IaaS, MI and DBaaS database deployment and tools
- Firewall IP/Port, domain trust/authentication
- Database Device Configuration/Installation
- Stored Procedures
- Setup SQL Always-On & Database Replication
- Data Encryption & Masking
- Database Re-build / De-fragment techniques
- Logical & Physical Backup / Recovery techniques
- MS SQL Services (SSRS/SSAS/SSIS/PolyBase, R Service)
- Application side tuning vs. server-side tuning
- You have good analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and automation skills.
- You are a quick learner, with good interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills.
- Experience with the following would be an asset: Postgres (PostgreSQL), .NET, ASP, C#, Power shell, Linux shell scripting & NoSQL database system.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline.
- MCSE - an asset