Responsible for ownership of local marketing activities for a given geography including but not limited to field planning, scheduling and executing local and corporate marketing events, promotions and business driving activities and creating, executing, managing and tracking activities and results of new store opening business driving plans. Individuals in this role will also market daily to local dealerships and other business partners to build our presence in the marketplace and increase our new business growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Work with Sales leadership to plan local marketing strategy and outside marketing activities
- Call on local dealerships and other business partners to build relationships and increase referrals
- Work to proactively sell Affinity program to local businesses within the assigned region and monitor account activity to produce desired results
- Track event results and continuously build a list of events with the best return on investment
- Work together with marketing to manage local social pages
- Produce monthly marketing newsletters by collecting information throughout each month
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Prior experience in a role with proven successful local and grass root marketing efforts and management experience
- Knowledge of effective community marketing, event planning, and local level advertising avenues with prior experience creating, implementing and managing such programs
- Demonstrated successful business to business and business to consumer sales/marketing experience
- Strong customer service orientation with experience providing ongoing product servicing/account management
- Ability to build relationship with key decision makers, community leaders and business owners
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present to both small and large audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Travel will be required throughout the area to complete marketing activities and events
- Bachelor Degree
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.