Electrician Commercial Mechanics & Foremen
Direct Electric Services McLean, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Direct Electric Services is an established commercial electrical contractor looking for seasoned apprentices, foremen, and mechanics to join our team of professionals. We perform commercial work in and around the Washington DC metro area.
Our Electricians are required to possess the following:
- Maintain current Journeyman electrician's license or four years of an approved apprenticeship program with a minimum of 5 years of documented on the job training.
- Be proficient in the use of the Electrical Code book including interpretation of tables, calculations, and an application of the code in daily activities.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Should have good math skills, as they will need to take measurements, perform lighting and equipment layout and work with numbers.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as ammeters, VOM, Megger.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, motors, or other components.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls for electrical switches or outlets.
- Place conduit, pipes, or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches either by hand or with machinery to lay conduit in the earth.
- Be proficient with fire alarm system installation and maintenance.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Journeyman electricians will also need to be able to read blueprints, work in small spaces and lift heavy equipment.
If your abilities meet or exceed the list above, go to our web site www.directelectricservices.com and apply online.
Direct Electric ServicesWhy Work Here?
We offer competitive wages, health care benefits, 401K, vacation, and paid holidays!
Direct Electric Services is an established electrical commercial contractor that has been in business for 24+ years. Direct Electric Services is a company where employee performance is acknowledged and rewarded accordingly. Our organization prides itself on our integrity, reputation, and strong relationships with all of our customers and employees. We provide individual opportunities for growth within our company structure. Direct Electric Services understands that the company can only be as good as its employees, and we value all members of our team. We perform our work in the DC and Baltimore metro area.
111-A East Ridgeville Blvd. Mount AiryMcLean, VA