About the Company
Direct Edge Media is a fast paced and quickly growing printing company specializing in digital, offset and large format printing for enterprise, agency and trade printers. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an environment that value's your professional skills, Direct Edge Media has a career path for you.
The individual in this position will require experience in Estimating and Production meeting the requirements aligned within company expectations. The successful candidate will exhibit demonstrated experience, that would include a minimum of five (5) years working in print production operations, estimating, purchasing and vendor installation buyouts. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess expertise providing well rounded knowledge within printing operation, organizational skills and performing responsibilities such as:
Responsibilities and Skills
- Providing accurate client estimates for both Large Format and Digital Sheetfed Printing
- Must be able to calculate various print methods, materials, labor, kitting and fabrication installation projects.
- Must be able to analyze the scope of each project and determine best suitable, most cost-efficient planning prior to deciding and committing to the printing project.
- Providing a well-rounded knowledge of finishing equipment capabilities compatible to large format digital printing equipment such as; CNC routing, die cutting, laminations, taping, heat bending, etc.
- Knowledgeable in bindery equipment capabilities compatible to conventional offset printing
- Well-rounded knowledge with various substrates and stocks as well as the overall usage of finished print collateral
- Must have the ability to determine best run plans based on layouts (imposition), equipment capabilities and material sizes for best yield or full utilization of parent sheet sizes.
- Proficient using estimating management software in order to calculate and generate estimates
- Must be detailed oriented and able to multi-task with a heavy volume
- Capable of working with outside vendors and suppliers for buyouts or installation jobs
- Capable of estimating fulfillment as it relates to pack-out and kitting of jobs shipping to multiple locations
- General knowledge of shipping and logistics standards
- Good communication and organizational skills with positive team building practices
We offer competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance and a 401(k) program, as well as a great work environment.