Do you celebrate National Grammar Day? Mentally edit written communications? Enjoy taking presentations from dull to dynamic?
Did it make you cringe that the last two sentences were actually fragments and not full sentences?
If you answered yes, then we want you on our team.
Diodes Incorporated, a fast-growing $1.2B semiconductor leader, delivers high-quality products to the world’s leading companies in the consumer electronics, computing, communications, industrial, and automotive markets. We have a full time opening for someone who has an affinity for the written word and for applying it to multiple types of writing including technical, sales, marketing and general business.
At its core, this role helps give Diodes a voice with which to speak about its products, their benefits and how they can improve the performance of items we all use every day. On any given day you might be editing the words and images in sales Power Points to make them pop; creating and/or reviewing copy for newsletters, press releases, brochures, the website, and blogs to make sure they clearly communicate product benefits as well as adhere to our style guide and proper grammar; managing copy and images through our websites CMS, and supporting the technical data team (based in Asia) as the North American contact. You’ll work within Corporate Marketing’s Marcom group and collaborate with employees in Engineering, Quality, Sales, Marketing, and Finance departments.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
· Develops and/or edits high-quality written content for customer and internal documents, including product guides, sales presentations, newsletters, web content, brochures, and more.
· Proofreads materials to ensure technical, grammatical, and style appropriateness & correctness.
· Produces documents for other Diodes departments as needed.
· Manages the distribution of trade-show and distributor support materials and collateral.
· Additional responsibilities as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· BA in English, Communications, Journalism or related major and 2-3 years experience or 3-5 years equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
· Excellent professional, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Proven experience providing strong writing, editing and grammar skills.
· Proficient knowledge of all Microsoft Office software applications with proven ability to optimize Power Point functionality.
· Reliable, with sharp attention to detail and deadlines.
· Self-starter, independent worker and willing team player.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
· Experience in global, B2B marketing, working with high-tech products/services, semiconductors preferred.
· Working experience with CMS, HTML and Social Media a plus.
· Graphic skills, particularly with InDesign, a plus.