To direct and lead youth programming for middle and high school youth. The Director of Youth Ministry shall seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with young people that strengthen their commitment to the Church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ.
· Be a part of the worshipping community of St. Joseph's Catholic Church on a regular basis, taking part in her sacramental life.
· Provide leadership for and function as the primary staff representative for Youth Ministry. Attend staff and parish council meetings monthly, to report on youth activities.
· Meet regularly with supervising pastor as needed at a time mutually agreed upon.
· Be in contact with office staff and provide a timely and accurate schedule of youth activities. Keep the congregation informed of youth events by coordinating the publicity for youth activities through the appropriate vehicles provided by the church. (e.g. monthly newsletter, special mailings, posters, bulletin announcements, web page, social media, etc.)
· Oversee the recruitment and training of adult volunteers to work with middle and high school youth.
· Plan and implement age appropriate activities for middle and high school youth that promote community through fellowship, fun and faith development. Such activities might include; socials, small group Bible study, retreats, and service projects. Coordinate youth activities with other ministries of the St. Joseph congregation in cooperation with staff.
· Prepare an annual budget in consultation with the finance director. Manage the disbursement of budgeted funds for Youth Ministry within the guidelines of the approved budget and in adherence with the purchasing policies of the church.
· Coordinate fund-raising activities that support special youth activities and trips.
· Promote Christian service through age appropriate service projects.
· Work with other local Youth Directors to support diocesan youth activities and programs in which youth directors and youth work together to proclaim gospel values.
· Maintain some regularly scheduled office hours to be accessible to youth, parents, staff and the leadership of the congregation.
· Keep the church office informed as to how the Youth Director can be contacted.
· Notify the staff prior to all unforeseen and untimely absences from regularly scheduled events and provide a suitable substitute in the case of anticipated absence (meeting excepted).
· In the case of extended time away from the office arrange to receive messages.
Instructions to Apply:
The position of Director of Youth Ministry requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends.
For more information, please contact Eleni Phelps at email@example.com.
Diocese of Charleston
Why Work Here?The Catholic Diocese of Charleston comprises the entire state of South Carolina with Charleston as its See city. Founded in 1820, it is one of the oldest Catholic dioceses in the United States.
Inspired by the Holy Scriptures, Catholic charities of South Carolina promotes self-sufficiency and strives to break the cycle of poverty in