Why we are the right fit for you: St. Theresa Catholic School is a beautiful 22-acre campus in the heart of Austin, Texas. We have a team of dedicated teachers and an amazingly generous parent community. With a commitment to individualized attention, our students seek knowledge and are eager learners. We need you, a dynamic librarian (part-time), to create the foundation upon which literary inspiration will occur. The rolling hills of Northwest Austin are calling you to come and join our family and be inspired by educational, physical, and spiritual excellence!
You are good at:
Planning, guiding, and evaluating the library process PreK thru 8th grade students. Your position reports to the principal but has decision-making responsibilities within the framework of school policies, philosophy, organization, and curriculum.
- Maintains library records, statistics, and database
- Weeds the materials collection
- Selects the materials for rebinding and repair
- Ensures volume number and references are in compliance with accreditation standards
- Supervises shelf reading, takes inventory, and keeps the library in order
- Provides an opportunity for teacher and student participation in the selection of library materials
- Demonstrates professionalism in conduct, demeanor, and work habits
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the work environment and support instructional planning
- Demonstrates a willingness to respond to individual learning needs
- Prepares publicity, displays, and bulletin board materials
- Coordinates local book fair and other fundraising activities related to the library
Top candidates will be able to:
- Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in religious ceremonies, training sessions, and reflection activities as directed.
- Plan for instruction with logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum and submit plans according to the school policies.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and other professionals
- Encourages the use of the library by faculty and students
- Follows school policies in selecting materials
- Organizes and supervises the circulation of library materials
- Provides library services and materials to meet the needs of teachers and students
- Establishes library policies and procedures
- Selects and orders books, periodicals, vertical file material, picture collections, audiovisual hardware and software, appropriate computer discs and programs, materials for professional collection with approval of the principal
Additional Info on Campus and Employer:
- This job is part-time.
- All employees of the school are engaged in ministry and closely tied to the Principal in the exercise of the Principal's ministry and obligations to the school as an at-will employer.
- Working in a fast-paced environment with priorities and plans that may change rapidly.
- Working on weekends, evenings, and some holidays may be required.
- Will be required to adhere to established dress codes and conduct standards.
- All buildings and vehicles owned by the school are tobacco-free.
- Must maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to students, parents, colleagues, and administration.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Austin are canonically obedient to the Bishop and assist him in fulfilling his ministry and canonical obligations. Pastors, presidents, and principals serve as leaders of the schools to make Christ's mission present and enduring in the schools. To fulfill Christ's mission, the school leaders employ suitable, chosen collaborators, sharing with them Christ's mission, and entrusting to them various responsibilities.
Positions employed at St. Theresa Catholic School help extend the ministry of the School leaders in particular ways as outlined in the job description. The employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the School leaders in the performance of their ministry and, therefore, engages in ministry for the Church.
- Bachelor's degree
- Meets the minimum requirements for the librarian as set forth by the Diocese and TCCED
Certifications and Training:
- Must submit an Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) Application for Ministry within the first week of employment, participate in an EIM Basic abuse prevention training workshop within 60 days of submitting a complete Application for Ministry, and maintain EIM compliance during the entire term of employment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Diocese of Austin Catholic Schools