Graphic Designer - St. Michael's Catholic Academy, an Independent 9th -12th grade campus
- Posted: over a month ago
Summary of Position:
The Graphic Designer works collaboratively with campus constituents to design, create, and produce marketing pieces and collateral that help communicate the brand to prospective students and families, as well as internal and external stakeholders. The Graphic Designer must be a visual storyteller, able to take an idea from concept to print or digital media production delivering high quality work in accordance with a reasonable schedule.
We are a family of families equipped with smiling faces, engaged students, supportive faculty and a commitment to creating an inspired learning community. The work schedule for this position includes generous time off and flexibility during holidays, summer and spring breaks.
As an integral member of the Communications team within the Office of Advancement, the Graphic Designer ensures that campaigns align with our brand image and meet critical strategic goals. The Office of Advancement plans and executes a coordinated program integrating enrollment management, donor relations, alumni relations, marketing, branding, and communications. This position reports to the Director of Communications and Content and is a salaried, full-time, exempt, onsite position working 12 months of the year.
About St. Michael's Catholic Academy:
St. Michael's Catholic Academy, an independent 9th-12th grade high school in Austin, TX, is a Christ-centered, college preparatory learning community, inspiring lives of service, courage, personal integrity, and intellectual curiosity. We are distinguished by our Catholic tradition, a welcoming and diverse community, excellent academic programs, and a variety of extracurricular activities.
- Develop, design, and produce graphic art, digital newsletters, print collateral, emails, signage, and web or social graphics.
- Plan and illustrate concepts through rough layouts of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetics.
- Coordinate with internal teams and volunteers in the design concept phase through completion of a project.
- Coordinate with outside agencies, vendors, printers, etc. to complete projects.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Content to update, maintain and create content within the content management system.
- Participate in regular team meetings and provide feedback on strategy as it relates to social media, campaigns, collateral, etc.
- Assist with social media graphics, photography, video editing and proofreading as needed.
- Meet tight and changing deadlines, staying within budget where applicable and tracking project status within a project management software.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Understand and advise on design best practices and market trends.
- Be extremely flexible, willing, and able to meet unexpected project variables with a positive can-do attitude.
- Other assignments as required.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, art, digital media or related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of related experience in design development and content creation.
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work.
- Proficient with email marketing and design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Canva, Vimeo), social media platforms and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Google Suite.
- Proficiency in content management systems (Blackbaud) and project management tools (Asana) preferred.
- Working knowledge of photography, typography, and industry color standards (Pantone Matching System and RGB/HEX values), color reproduction and cross-platform production (print vs. web and social media).
- Experience with the printing process including print specifications and final files service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; process oriented with an exceptional eye for details.
- Excellent communicator and team player with a proven ability to collaborate with and support multiple departments and goals.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects independently, and make decisions that reflect school vision and strategy.
- Available to participate in events, including some evenings and weekends.
St. Michael's Catholic Academy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all personnel actions and in the administration of all policies and programs.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit an application at https://csssmca.sentrichr.com/#Sm9iT3BlbmluZ3N8fA==
***************Local candidates only please*************
Diocese of Austin Catholic Schools
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Diocese of Austin Catholic Schools