Director of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
St Anthony Marie de Claret Parish - Kyle, TX
Director of Operations
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Catholic Requirement: Yes
The Director of Operations is a senior management position within St. Anthony Marie de Claret parish. This position's purpose is to relieve the burden of some of the day-to-day administrative tasks from the pastor to allow him greater scope to concentrate on pastoral and liturgical matters. This position facilitates the attainment of the parish mission and related strategic planning goals and objectives of the parish through administrative responsibilities. The position reports to the Pastor and operates with latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
- An integral part of your ministry for the Church, as carried out in this position, is to support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic ministry and the mission of St. Anthony Catholic Church in both your professional and personal life.
- Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in religious ceremonies, training sessions, and reflection activities as directed.
- Ensure compliance with all Diocese of Austin policies.
- Work with the pastor, associate pastor, parish staff, and parish ministry leaders to develop operational plans to carry out the strategic vision for the parish.
- Assume responsibility for and handle administrative tasks important to the life of the parish.
- Oversee and direct administrative, business, and financial activities of the parish, including but not limited to budgeting, payment of bills and payroll, bookkeeping, parish festival planning and coordination, construction and improvement projects, and maintenance of the parish census.
- Cultivate and supervise a high-performance parish staff with an emphasis on developing capacity in parish services and utilizing best practice standards.
- Work collaboratively with parish ministries and outside groups to ensure programs and projects are completed within time frames and according to pastor's guidelines.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of the parish through sound fiscal management.
- Maintain appropriate community relationships and professional memberships designed to promote parish goals and further the parish mission.
- Ensure campus buildings and facilities are operational and that preventative maintenance schedules are followed.
- Supervise the work of Maintenance and Housekeeping.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to staff and customers.
- Serve as Ethics and Integrity in Ministry Coordinator for the parish.
- Coordinate the following activities of the parish: Calendar and Room Scheduling, Projector System Setup, Donation records in PDS database
- Provide Human Resources service to parish staff as liaison to the Diocesan HR office.
- Provide financial reports and required updates to Parish Finance Council
- Work with parish staff to maintain adequate inventories of items for use in Liturgy and daily operation of parish.
- Execute monthly, quarterly, and annual requirements of the IRS.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the structure and basic teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Knowledge, understanding, and awareness of cultural diversity.
- Skill in using personnel management best practices.
- Skill in financial and accounting policies and practices.
- Skill in organizing, prioritizing, and utilizing effective time management techniques to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Skill in effectively leading change and organizational growth through strategic planning.
- Skill in communicating with diverse audiences both oral and written.
- Skill in demonstrating spiritual leadership.
- Ability to create and foster an environment consistent with the parish mission and goals.
- Ability to demonstrate success in competencies such as interpersonal influence, innovative thinking, fiscal accountability, relationship building, and performance leadership.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all segments of the community (parishes, priests, religious, laity, Catholic ministries, Catholic schools, civic leaders, and community agencies).
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to parishioners and other visitors to the parish, and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs, especially Quickbooks.
- Ability to use effective and legal supervision strategies and techniques with assigned staff.
- Ability to proficiently communicate in English and hopefully Spanish (conversing, writing, and reading).
Education and Trainings:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited American college or university or equivalent in a foreign country.
- Experience in personnel management.
- Experience in financial management.
- Experience working within the Catholic community.
- English (proficient in conversing, reading, and writing).
- Prefer bilingual English / Spanish (proficient in conversing, reading, and writing).
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies through the employment period.
Diocese of Austin Catholic Parishes
BusinessView all jobs at Diocese of Austin Catholic Parishes