DinÃ© College Tsaile, AZ
- Posted: 20 days ago
Summary/Objective of Position:
The main function is to observe and report unusual activities relating to crimes; to be visible among the
Summary/Objective general public as a means of crime prevention. Will also detect and report any mechanical problems within of Position: the college campus to appropriate departments for repairs.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
50% Crime prevention: enforce Student Code of Conduct, rules/regulations, procedures, etc. Conduct petty misdemeanor level criminal and civil investigations by collecting evidence and assembling them for court testimonies; interviewing persons; and with appropriate training; detain criminal suspects, pursue, on foot, if necessary; conduct surveillance involving long hours; perform first aid to the sick and injured; writing reports on recommendations for maintenance problems that exist throughout the campus; issue and process parking violation warnings and citations as prescribed by regulations; perform crime prevention duties by securing all doors, and windows on campus after hours and non-working days.
20% Conduct mobile and foot patrols of the college campus and residential, security of all college property, buildings, students, staff, faculty and visitors. Reports any crime or unusual activity to a certified police officer; enforce those rules and regulations set forth by the Dine College Board of Regents and the President such as the Student Code of Conduct, the Parking Regulations, the Transportation Policies and all other DC policies and procedures.
15% Public relations: Students, Staff/Faculty, visitors and guests with courtesy and respect. Present court testimonies in the Navajo Nation, Apache County, Arizona State and Federal Courts; give presentations relating to crime prevention and orientation for new students, staff and faculty members; carry the duties and responsibilities of radio dispatcher when necessary.
Perform rotating shift schedules including holidays as needed.
10% Report writing and data entry into the Crime-Star, submission of work orders where appropriate; student referrals, staff/faculty referrals, housing referrals, and incident reports.
5% Other duties as assigned. Perform the duties of a radio dispatcher when necessary.
Education & Experience
Six(6) months of experience as a Security Officer/Commissioned Law Enforcement officer.
High school diploma or GED certificate
1. Being able to observe and report to police officer, unusual activities, etc.
2. Prevents crime by preforming foot patrols of college grounds, buildings, and/or property. Being able to assist the sick and injured.
3. Enforces rule and regulations; student code of conduct, parking regulations and others. Adhere to the SOP, General and Special Orders and others issued by competent authority.
4. Required to work variable work schedule' rotation shifts, working holidays, special assignments.
5. Have knowledge off all existing rules and regulations, directives and orders
6. Comply with all provisions of the Personnel Policy Manual and all others.
1. Interacts with culturally and socially diverse population.
2. Exhibit professional conduct, demeanor, speech and attitude.
3. Oral fluency in Navajo is highly desirable, but not mandatory
4. Computer literate: Work and Excel
5. Ability to observe, record events accurately and completely, be able to handle multiple tasks
6. Maintain all required licenses and certification in current status
1. Give dorm presentations regarding student life safety alcohol; alcohol/drug abuse, domestic abuse
2. Perform continuous duties beyond the regular ten hour shifts; continue duties and responsibilities in all types of weather condition and other assignments that may be assigned.
3. Able to type reports with acceptable content, organization and English orders.
4. Enter data necessary into the computer for all calls-for-service and police reports.
5. Adhere to Departments SOP, General/Special Orders, Directives
Physical Requirements, Work Environment & Travel:
Must be physically able to perform duties.
Real EstateView all jobs at DinÃ© College