Financial Analyst, DoD Arms Control, with Secret Clearance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The ideal candidate will prepare financial and budget materials and status reports that capture and reflect monthly resources requests, obligations, statistics, and execution data to inform leadership. The analyst will support OSD in all services found in a programming or comptroller shop, to include planning, programming, budgeting, executing (PPBE) and data tracking. The analyst will contribute to the development of program and budget submissions (i.e. Issue Papers, and Research, Development, Test and Evaluation Documents (R-DOCs) and Research and Development Descriptive Summaries (R-2s) and Program Office Memorandum (POM) inputs.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in development and/or review of work plans and annual spend plans. Managing and maintaining oversight of committed, obligated, and expended funds.
- Reviewing, interpreting, and developing recommendations/options for resolving funding issues.
- Maintaining awareness of and performing analyses of evolving acquisition best practices, acquisition reform efforts, updates to acquisition and procurement policy and legislative changes.
- Identifying efficiencies and process improvements to enhance mission and cost effectiveness.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in financial discipline
- 3+ years of DoD financial or program management experience
- Secret Clearance required
- DoD PPBE or federal financial management experience required
- Experience generating MIPRs and tracking obligations and expenditures
- Experience with Core Financials (CF), Enterprise Business Accountability System (EBAS), Defense Acquisition Summary (DAES), and the Execution Management System (EMS)
Diligent InnovationsWhy Work Here?
Small, veteran-owned and employee-focused firm serving national security needs. Entrepreneurial firm with flexible opportunities to excel.
Diligent Innovations, Inc., is a small, veteran-owned defense and national security consulting firm that helps the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and other public and private sector entities to develop and implement strategies and policies that support America's national security objectives. Diligent's core competence is providing expert support and thought leadership for long-range planning and policy oversight and associated budget execution, to include Interagency coordination, international negotiations, and other essential elements of national and international policy-making.
Finance and Insurance