SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not "just a job". We currently have a full time opening for a Field Operations Support Assistant at Washington Memorial Park in Sandston, VA. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Provides administrative and clerical support to a funeral home, cemetery, crematory or a combination of these facilities. Other general duties include greeting the general public, answering questions and providing general information on services offered in a polite manner with a goal to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Provide Clerical Support
- Performs day to day clerical duties as required which may include:
- Preparing death certificates, prayer cards and related documents
- Greeting family members and friends
- Completing required permits and / or certificates
- Receiving and / or processes payments and/or contracts
- Preparing and processing Veteran's Paperwork
- Ordering supplies, filing and responding to inquiries
- Ensures that the required documentation to support requested products and services is accurate and complies with state, federal and company rules and regulations, to include:
- Preparing and distributing daily interment or cremation schedules, reports, and documents
- Maintaining and verifying the accuracy of logs associated with markers, interments and/or cremations
- Acts on calls from external customers, including other cemeteries and mortuaries, to provide product and service selections, to include disposition of remains, contracts, and payments
- Coordinates the ordering of memorials and related products and the control of storage inventory for vaults and markers
- Oversees the processing of installation orders to grounds and maintenance departments
- Enters contracts and cash receipts in HMIS when necessary
- Prepares marker/ monument placement paperwork
- Composes edits and provides obituaries to newspapers and MeM
- Processes account payable transactions
- Assists Sales, Community or Family Service Counselors as needed
- Assists location management with daily operations including SOX compliance, delivery process and liability release
- Assists with payroll
- Prepares for funeral services by preparing sign-in books, ensuring veteran's paperwork is completed, and assisting professional funeral staff as directed
- Conducts blind checks
- Assists with MEM preparation and service materials
- Monitors and follows up on marker orders; tracks memorial orders
- Maintains Dignity for Excellence location book where applicable
- Acts as backup to Receptionist
- May design and manage MEMs including monuments and markers
- May maintain location website to include accuracy of obituaries, service information, etc.
- Communicates client family's needs promptly and accurately to the appropriate staff member.
- Conveys a sense of concern and empathy with client family members at all times.
- Demonstrates a caring attitude when problems arise while calmly and efficiently bringing the situation to the attention of a staff member who can provide resolution
- Responds to customer inquiries via telephone, internet and in person
- Maintains professional and cooperative relationships with county clerk,