Interment Specialist (General Labor)
Dignity Memorial® Providers Whittier, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical, vision
Position Summary: Open, close, and maintain graves and mausoleums in accordance with Company policies, and state and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Open & close cemetery properties (graves, mausoleums, crypts, & niches) by using proper procedures, tools and equipment, and safety regulations.
- Locate and work with graves, crypts, and niches anywhere within the Park.
- Safely drive company vehicles and equipment onto and off of cemetery lawns.
- Read and understand interment orders.
- Read and understand information printed on the Interment List/Cards.
- Work according to safety standards set by the Company, state, and federal regulations. Report unsafe equipment, tools, machines, and practices to management.
- Respond timely to work order requests, and interact with employees at all levels with tact and courtesy.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Work effectively with grieving family members (customers).
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities, and organize work.
- Understand and achieve annual SMART goals.
- Continually strive to improve through education and experience. Maintain a continuous development plan and make steady, ongoing progress toward skill enhancement.
- Project a favorable image of the company to promote its’ goals, and to enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its efforts.
- Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance.
As an Individual Contributor, incumbent is expected to meet the Key Competency requirements of Open Communication, Building Relationships, Personal Leadership, Commitment to Quality, Business Focus, and Customer Focus. Meeting the behavior standards in each Competency links directly to the annual Performance Review.
Experience and Education:
- Experience in landscaping, general construction, warehouse, physical labor demonstrating steady employment
- High School Diploma, or GED preferred
Valid CA Driver’s License
Ability to use hand tools and Equipment noted below
Mechanical skill and ability to perform minor adjustments and repairs
Good interpersonal skills to relate well with grieving people
Perform heavy physical labor out-of-doors in all weather conditions; must be able to work with dirt, dust, and mud; work with a variety of powered equipment and vibrating machinery with moderate to loud noise; cope with a high volume of work and with constantly changing priorities and interruptions; and flexible availability is required to work occasional overtime and outside of normally scheduled work hours.
Must be able to pass a lift test with the ability to frequently lift a minimum of 50lbs and occasionally 100+lbs. (Pre-Employment physical required). Perform heavy physical labor daily out-of-doors in all weather conditions; use and operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, and maintenance equipment; stand, walk, sit, lift and carry up to 140# (sometimes without the assistance of power equipment) push, pull, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, bend and crawl while performing essential functions; interact with all types of personalities within and outside the Company.
Equipment / Machines Operated
Personal Protective Equipment
Flatbed, pickup truck and trailer
Tractor and trailer
Mausoleum lift (hoist)
Pneumatic air tamp
Vault cables and lowering devices
Tent frames & canopies
Vaults and vault lids
What does that mean to you? Our associates feel that funerals and memorial services should be as unique as the individual they honor. We help families create meaningful memorials to truly celebrate the life of their loved one.
Dignity Memorial® ProvidersWhy Work Here?
Our Associates Celebrate Life. We Celebrate Our Associates.
As Dignity Memorial® providers, we believe there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life. Whether you’re planning a funeral for a loved one, or making your own arrangements in advance, the celebration of a lifetime begins with Dignity Memorial’s compassionate funeral planners. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation, and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial network cares for thousands of families each year. What does that mean to you? Our associates feel that funerals and memorial services should be as unique as the individual they honor. We help families create meaningful memorials to truly celebrate the life of their loved one.