Dignity Health, one of the nationls largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org.
Provides entry-level administrative support services to an assigned group of leaders and/or department(s). Completes assigned tasks and performs work with the direct supervision of a department leader at the manager, director, vice president or senior vice president level. The majority of time is spent in Key Responsibility Group 2 on the ASG Job Summary
This position is assigned to provide direct administrative support for a group of leaders and/or department(s). Indirect support may be provided for others based on departmental business need.
Principle Duties and Accountabilities:
- Completes standard administrative processes such as mail processing, filing, faxing, scanning, copying, collating and organizing.
- Performs basic calendaring function by sending meeting invitations on behalf of leader(s) upon request; may accept meeting invitations according to prescribed instruction.
- Creates and edits basic documents, spreadsheets, presentations and department organizational charts.
- Coordinates basic travel arrangements for leaders supported utilizing standard processes and resources.
- Runs and distributes standard reports.
- Follows procedures and maintains procedural documentation.
- Prepares for and supports in-person meetings including scheduling and preparing appropriate meeting space, ordering catering, providing hospitality services to guests and assisting with materials, presentations, technology and other resources as requested and directed.
- Assists others in the planning, coordination and support of large meetings and conferences.
- Records and distributes basic meeting minutes as requested.
- Distributes internal and external communications on behalf of leader as requested.
- Provides basic proofreading services of leader communications before distribution.
- Submits and codes invoices and expense reports; assists with routing to the appropriate queues for leader approval.
- Collects and compiles data in preparation for budget process.
- Processes and files department contracts and agreements.
- May assist with editing timekeeping records.
- Cross trains to learn unique responsibilities of peers within the department/group.
- Gains specific knowledge about their particular department/group to build business acumen.
- Provides back-up administrative coverage for peers ensuring all internal and external customers are served (back-up coverage may be requested for another department or group as well; requested by manager and based on business need; ASG members function as a team for the organization as a whole; may include answering another leader's phone or responding to inquiries to ensure seamless customer service).
- Secures back-up administrative coverage for their own absences.
- May be assigned basic administrative tasks related to projects.
- May participate in CHI committees on a volunteer basis or as requested (volunteer assignments must be approved by supervisor in advance).
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and some undergraduate level coursework completed
- Two (2) years of administrative experience
- One (1) year of administrative experience in addition to experience requirements above (total three years of experience required)
- Able to interact and communicate verbally with a wide range of personalities, both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of and ability to apply structure and content of English language including meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, grammar and punctuation (in both written and verbal communications)
- Ability to:
- Employ active listening techniques in all interactions with others
- Draft basic correspondence for oneself or on behalf of a leader
- Demonstrates basic proofreading and editing skills
- Read, write and verbally share information and ideas in a clear and organized fashion
- Compile information, run standard and prepare basic customized reports, draft and distribute business correspondence, and develop/maintain procedure manuals
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule formats
- Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources to complete assigned tasks
- Create and edit basic documents, spreadsheets, presentations and meeting minutesAble to perform basic functions using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Perform intermediate functions using Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Navigate the internet
- Apply concepts of basic mathematics (i.e. calculate quantities and dollar amounts) when needed
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please
Dignity Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request . We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Dignity Health participates in E-verify.
Job ID 2019-88938
Employment Type Full Time
Department Clinical Engineering
Hours / Pay Period 80
Facility Dignity Health System Office
Standard Hours Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Work Schedule 8 Hour