Growing business in Virginia Beach with locations in five states seeks Controller to oversee the accounting and financial reporting functions. We offer excellent salary with bonus opportunities, health benefits, and 401K.
Essential Job Duties:
? Manage the month end closing process including the preparation of journal entries, detailed review of all reconciliations and accounts, and investigation of significant or unusual variances.
? Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements.
? Coordinate personnel, manage information requests, and draft the financial statements and related note disclosures in accordance with GAAP for the annual audit of four consolidated entities.
? Assist personnel with applying accounting standards, streamlining internal processes, and implementing effective internal controls as needed.
? Prepare property tax returns and business license applications/renewals accurately and timely.
? Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
? Proven work experience as a CPA or Senior Accountant for at least 5 years
? Proficient with Quickbooks accounting software
? Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize as needed
- Add a global controller who is responsible for accounting controls, financial reporting, technical accounting, accounting functions and tax for STATS
- Seek a controller to oversee back-office accounting processes
- Generate accounting statements and reports
- Maintaining general ledger accounting systems
- Direct cost accounting and tax reporting
- Perform a quarterly controller analysis/report
- Prepare month-end financial statements
- Publish timely monthly financial statements
- Oversee an accounting department and all accounting and finance functions
- Control the cost accounting, general accounting and budgeting functions
- Provide internal financial/accounting consulting services
- Managing board reporting, monthly accounting close, financial reporting, treasury, annual financial audit
- Direct all financial and accounting activities
- Devise and maintain internal accounting controls
- Managing accounting and finance operations
- Accepted accounting principles (USGAAP)
- Manage daily accounting activities including general accounting, cost accounting, internal control and related fiscal functions
- Analyze budgeting and accounting reports
- Manage all accounting operations including the monthly financial statement preparation and account reconciliations
- Ensuring compliance with accounting policies
Dignity Funeral Services Inc