Site Acquisition Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About DigitalC and EmpowerCLE: DigitalC is a non-profit organization committed to bridging Greater Cleveland’s digital divide by providing residents with equitable pathways to the digital future. We foster digital inclusion for all Cleveland residents through partnerships that create access to 1) affordable high-speed Internet; 2) training and devices; and 3) inclusive shared space for community engagement and innovation. Through our priority initiative, EmpowerCLE+, we are committed to providing affordable and reliable broadband internet connectivity through our unique community-based deployment model to Greater Cleveland’s most underserved neighborhoods. Come join our passionate team and help make our vision a reality.
Benefits of joining our team
- Company culture: high integrity, trust, teamwork, passion, respect, and sense of humor
- Opportunities for advancement
- Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance benefits for full-time employees
- 401(k) opportunity with company match for full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Learning and advancement opportunities
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare reports related to leasing, zoning, RF, land and building viability, acquisitions, and consolidation of sites
- Understand and research site candidates to identify parcels and buildings suitable for wireless infrastructure deployment
- Zoning research and interview of zoning/permitting personnel to obtain jurisdictional approval requirements for installation of wireless communication facilities and/or related wireless equipment as project scope defines
- Identify and evaluate potential risk scenarios on a per asset basis and present solutions
- Provide candidate-specific recommendations for leasing, land or building use viability, acquisition and exit strategy
- Ability to negotiate with and manage general contractors
- Maintain collaborative relationships with clients, A&E professionals, GC’s, vendors, landlords, etc.
- Submit monthly financial forecasts, ensures accurate submittal of PO's, and obtain invoices from vendors
- Anticipate project and team risks; solve challenges and conflicts
- Assist with creation of RFP documentation
- Run the design documentation process (CD’s and Specifications) for architectural and engineering drawings, etc.
- Maintain strong oversight of the construction process
- Understand relevant legal codes
- Advocate and monitor compliance with processes and procedures associated with task completion
- Reviews and approves Construction drawings, Site Candidate Information Packages and other deliverables, ensuring accuracy and clarity of documents.
- Understands permitting and acts accordingly
- Competent in the leasing arena
- Act as a technical expert in all aspects of construction
- Attend site visits for land and/or building candidates, as needed
- Identify optimal workflow for projects that require deliverables from the Real Estate team
- Supervise Real Estate functions associated with projects; review project reports and identify issues in reporting or task completion
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent training, education, and 5 years’ experience in a related field (i.e. Site Acquisition and/or Construction Management)
- Good written and verbal presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate with all employee levels and levels of management
- Good understanding of general accounting/costing practices including budgeting, forecasting, purchase orders, and invoicing
- Must have a good understanding and experience of design and construction, pre-construction achievements, Material/BOM Management.
- Solid ability to identify project risks and to be able to work with more senior members of the Project Management team to develop and implement solutions
- Organized with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to identify and manage priorities
- Good interpersonal skills for building trusted relationships
- Good negotiation skills with ability to maintain composure under pressure
This position does not have any current direct reports however, this position will be responsible for indirectly managing technical team resources including the allocation or reassignment of current DigitalC team members and subcontractors. This position will have the responsibility to onboard, develop, train, and coach internally and manage key vendor relationships.
DigitalC operates within a vibrant and diverse co-working space in the heart of Cleveland’s Midtown area – and itself is a diverse and mission-dedicated set of individuals. Modifications of the work environment have been made to account for the COVID-19 pandemic with the safety of all team members and co-workers in the facility being the highest priority. The individual hired must be able to work in an open office environment. There are limited opportunities for privacy although the organization provides flexibility to work remotely on an agreed-upon basis. Attention to detail and accuracy in this environment is essential. Parking is available to all employees.
Please visit our website to apply:
DigitalC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that DigitalC is an at-will employer and neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for DigitalC to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either DigitalC or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of DigitalC has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Site Acquisition Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.