Community Engagement Representative Bi Lingual Spanish-English
- Posted: over a month ago
About DigitalC and EmpowerCLE: DigitalC is a non-profit organization committed to bridging Greater Cleveland’s digital divide by providing residents with equitable pathways to the digital future. We foster digital inclusion for all Cleveland residents through partnerships that create access to 1) affordable high-speed Internet; 2) training and devices; and 3) inclusive shared space for community engagement and innovation. Through our priority initiative, EmpowerCLE, we are committed to providing affordable and reliable broadband Internet connectivity through our unique community-based deployment model to Greater Cleveland’s most underserved neighborhoods. Come join our passionate team and help make our vision a reality.
The ideal Community Engagement and Outreach Representative possesses excellent communication and negotiation skills, is driven to actively address subscribers’ current and future needs, and can facilitate the community engagement process from presentation of features and benefits, to overcoming objections, and finally to scheduling an installation appointment. Ultimately, you should contribute to an increase in subscriptions sold and maintain all business relationships at a high standard. This Representative must understand and appreciate the problem of the Digital Divide, the vitality of a reliable internet connection, and be willing to actually get out there in the community to make a difference. You must be entrepreneurial in ability and spirit as well as disciplined in follow-through and defined process execution.
Duties and responsibilities
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Commitment to understanding our community and neighborhoods.
- Leverage inbound/outbound marketing to fill the sales pipeline with prospective subscribers
- Presenting EmpowerCLE+ sales pitch directly to potential customers and community partners
- Attend community events, training sessions and other networking or industry events as necessary
- Nurture your target potential subscribers through the sales funnel utilizing our CRM tool, Salesforce
- Stay up-to-date with our industry and competition
- Suggest innovative ideas to increase community engagement, sales and improve the customer experience
- Build positive rapport with customers and community partners
- Provide direct support to Digital Clinics, training classes, and community initiatives and outreach
- Conduct on-site digital literacy programs for both beginner and intermediate skill levels
- Assist with the completion of applications for resources including the Affordable Connectivity Program (“ACP”)
- Assist with survey of neighbors’ digital needs and areas of interest
- Represent DigitalC/EmpowerCLE+ at community events
- Provide hands-on support to the Community Engagement, Customer Experience and Customer Acquisition teams
- Other duties as assigned
Required education, skills, and experience:
- Experience with community engagement, training, teaching and/or outreach
- Bilingual- Spanish and English.
- Must embrace the nonprofit world, coaching, structure, self-improvement and understand the importance of performance metrics (KPIs).
- Must intrinsically be hungry for success, high achievement, and have a resilient & positive approach to challenging situations on a daily basis
- Working knowledge of CRM software and MS Office/Google Suite
- Excellent communication, negotiation, critical thinking, and time-management skills
DigitalC operates within a vibrant and diverse co-working space in the heart of Cleveland’s Midtown area – and itself is a diverse and mission-dedicated set of individuals. Modifications of the work environment have been made to account for the COVID-19 pandemic with the safety of all team members and co-workers in the facility being the highest priority. The individual hired must be able to work in an open office environment. There are limited opportunities for privacy although the organization provides flexibility to work remotely on an agreed-upon basis. Attention to detail and accuracy in this environment is essential. Parking is available to all employees.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time sitting at workstation
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
Benefits of joining our team
- Company culture: high integrity, trust, teamwork, passion, respect, and sense of humor
- Opportunities for advancement
- Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance benefits for full-time employees
- 401(k) opportunity with company match for full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Learning and advancement opportunities
DigitalC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that DigitalC is an at-will employer and neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for DigitalC to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either DigitalC or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of DigitalC has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Powered by JazzHR
GovernmentView all jobs at DigitalC