Database Engineer III
Digital Turbine USA, Inc Durham, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Digital Turbine, we believe there is a better way for smartphone users to discover new apps and content. Our Mobile Delivery Platform makes it easier than ever for people to discover new apps frictionlessly, for operators and OEMs to build new revenue streams, and for advertisers to reach users at scale. We are a global mobile technology company that is passionate about delivering the right content to the right person at the right time. Digital Turbine has delivered more than one billion app installs for hundreds of advertisers. More than 30 million smartphone users engage with Digital Turbine's software technology each month across more than 30 global operators and OEMs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, build, test and ship Big Data solutions that meet business and market needs.
- Take a leading role in designing and leading the implementation of company wide data architecture strategy
- Create and maintain systems that load and transform large data sets from various internal sources.
- Act as subject matter expert for RDBMS (Relational Database systems), No SQL and Dimensional modelling tools
- Design and maintain data model for new and existing production systems. Use tools such as Flyway and Confluent to maintain data schema versioning.
- Developing and supporting backend components that manage live streaming of data
- Work with our Business Intelligence team to create data-driven insights and reports for senior management.
- Perform daily monitoring, administration, repair and maintenance related to data technologies and related technologies in all environments.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related and six (6) years of experience in the job offered or related occupation. Employer will also accept no degree and eight (8) years’ experience in the job offered or related occupation.
Applicants must have demonstrated experience with:
- (5 years) Building performance optimized ETL structures using SQL/PLSQL
- Providing technical solutions on data modeling and analysis using SQL, PLSQL and Python
- Designing and supporting ETL solutions to support business requirements such as reporting, dashboards and data analytics
- Multiple programming languages, including Java, Python and R
- Optimizing query performance such that reporting queries run within the current reporting standards.
- Analyzing and gathering requirements, building Data warehouse pipelines using ETL processes in AWS Cloud and on Prem
- Unit testing and supporting business stakeholder testing for smooth production deployment.
- Worked in Agile methodologies such as SCRUM using tools like JIRA.
- Amazon AWS associate certification.
Reasons to Work for Digital Turbine:
- Rapid growth – We’re growing quickly which gives our employees exciting opportunities to take on new challenges and have a significant impact on the company’s future.
- Laid back work environment – Employees enjoy coming to work in jeans, working in an open environment, and lounging on couches with their laptop.
- Stock options – All employees are expected to make an impact, so everyone is granted stock options when they join the company.
- Free food & drinks – Our kitchens are stocked with plenty of snacks and drinks to help get you through each day.
- An exciting, evolving industry – The mobile app business is booming and changing every day, which means that we are always adapting to stay ahead of the curve.
- Beer Fridays – Every Friday afternoon, the company breaks away from work to come together and unwind after a busy week.
- Healthy work/life balance. We work hard but respect our employee’s life outside of the office and general well-being. We offer an unlimited vacation policy!
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s top talent – Many of our employees have over a decade’s worth of experience in the mobile app space. We are a company of ‘A’ players and only look for the best people to join our team.
- Everyone has a voice and can make their mark – Every employee has the opportunity to implement new processes, design new programs, and be creative within their unique role.
Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action; without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Digital Turbine USA, Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Digital Turbine USA, Inc