Our client, located in the NW Suburbs, (near Schaumburg, IL.) has a need for a Communications Specialist. Do you want to be part of something big?? Our client is a leader in their field, controlling 80% of the industry. They never had to truly market themselves but as this industry continues to grow, this Communications Specialist will join their newly established marketing team. This person will utilize writing skills to develop compelling presentations and content, and execute strategies to improve content quality and consistency of brand.
This person will help and support the Marketing Content Developer and SVP of Marketing to focus on the communication side since their team is extremely busy!
- Work with various departments to write internal & external communications including company related communications and writing of marketing collateral
- Collaborate with staff to help develop and coordinate materials related to organization and industry events
- Execute work in collaboration with writers and graphic designers to support the Marketing team’s business goals and ongoing deliverables
- Develop original presentations to support company events and initiatives
- Create and maintain strategic multimedia Marketing collateral including but not limited to presentations, videos, promotional/branded giveaways, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or Communications
- 3-5 years’ experience in Corporate Communications and Branding
- Experience writing for insurance or professional services industry is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editing and research skills
- Understanding of brand and ability to apply consistently throughout an organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects
- Experience with desktop publishing software, e.g., Adobe Cloud (Indesign),
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Skilled in developing creative presentations in Power Point, Prezi, Adobe Spark, Canva, Google Slides, etc.
Our client offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with match
- Company Outings
- Free Access to onsite workout facility
- WFH one day a week after 3-6 months (after Covid restrictions are lifted)
- Business Casual Attire (assuming you are not attending a meeting with an outside resource)
About Digital People
Digital People is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Digital People is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Why Work Here?Let’s find your next job – together. Whether you’re looking for contract work or a direct placement in the creative, interactive and marketing industry, Digital People will connect you to an opportunity that closely matches your interests and skills. Digital People is a proud member of Staffmark Group, an award-winning family of staffing brands with a national network of 450+ offices. We connect over 250,000 people to jobs each year, and we’re ready to put this expertise to work for you! Learn more at www.digitalpeople.net.
As your job search partner, we can connect you with career opportunities at great companies that match your skills and experience.