Lead Business Analyst
- Expired: May 13, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Digital Cloak is currently seeking a Lead Business Analyst to provide support to a Government client. Under the supervision of the project Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, the Lead Business Analyst provides support directly to our customer (a federal staff of four) and oversees the activities of more junior support team staff. The Lead Business Analyst will work both independently and with our multi-disciplinary team to support the customer on day-to-day activites and long-term projects. The Lead Business Analyst will be expected to quickly integrate into tactical responsibilities with well-defined boundaries, become acquainted with business operations, and support strategic engagements. The Lead Business Analyst will need to interact with a diverse group of individuals across all levels of the governments General Schedule in support of both our customer and their stakeholders. The Lead Business Analyst will assist the Program Manager manage the workflow for junior staff, develop clear objectivies and activities for them to achieve, assess their abilities, evaluate their performance, and provide feedback, training and development, as needed.
- Analyze statements of work (SoW) provided to our customer from stakeholders and evaluate the appropriateness of each requirement based on provided evaluation criteria.
- Provide guidance to our customer for working with their stakeholders when adjudicating questions, concerns and comments related to the appropriateness reviews.
- Track contract details in SharePoint, analyze their impact on customer business operations, identify potential areas of interest or concern for our customer, provide alternative solutions and/or recommend next steps to the customer.
- Assist team members in analyzing and evaluating the performance of our customers stakeholders in areas such as communications capability, flexibility, adaptability, accountability, work quality, and timeliness.
- Engage directly with our customers and their stakeholders to learn business operations, current processes and procedures, functional and operational gaps, and challenges and barriers to success.
- Engage team members regularly and share insight into customer and stakeholder operations to assist them in the accomplishment of their objectives.
- Write functional and operational requirements for improving the usability and capability of our SharePoint solution.
- Identify strategic opportunities for improving information dissemination and collaboration among the customers stakeholders; create, schedule and lead activities to achieve a specific outcome.
- Identify potential improvements to the customers strategic plan and its goals, objectives and activities based on insights gained in the Lead Business Analyst role.
- Create clear objectives, activities, and deadlines that align with the customers annual and strategic plans.
- Monitor the workload of junior staff; organize the workflow and delegate day-to-day tasks.
- Monitor team productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Provide team leaders with regular updates, keeping them apprised of project status and staff performance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 5-7 years of consulting experience.
- Experience analyzing requirements.
- Ability to identify strategic improvement opportunities in customers business functions, technical capabilities, and operational environment. Recommend next steps and work with project manager to implement them.
- Experience with documenting, defining, or translating business requirements.
- Experience with identifying priority requirements based on operational, technical, and/or functional needs.
- Ability to lead and manage various project tasks at once, adjust schedules based on dynamic customer requests/needs and maintain continuous communication with customers and PMs.
- Ability to create and effectively present informational PowerPoint briefings to customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment managing up with project managers and down with junior staff.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior staff.
- High proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Experience writing client-ready deliverables and building presentations exhibiting horizontal and vertical logic.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience using MS Visio and Project.
- Experience managing staff.
- Experience building MS Excel pivot tables.
- Experience implementing operational solutions using SharePoint workflows.
Required Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- 4-year BA/BS degree from an accredited institution
Preferred Education, Certifications/ Licenses, Related Experience
- PMP Certification
Physical Job Requirements
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) most of the time.
- This position requires the ability to spend most of the time viewing computer monitors.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain favorable suitability/fitness adjudication from federal customer.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Must be able to pass a standard background check.
- Digital Cloak is part of an industry that is required to be vaccinated as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered as stipulated by executive order 14042.
Primary Work Location
- This position is based in Washington, DC.
- Until further notice, this position will remain in a remote work posture with the potential for a minimal number of meetings on-site at the customer's location.
- This position has travel requirements up to 5% of the time.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Digital Cloak will make reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Digital Cloak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Digital Cloak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Digital Cloak is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Digital Cloak