CDev Inc (CDev.global), a fast growing software development firm specializing in developing betting systems and related applications, is expanding in Montreal.
We are seeking a experienced senior PHP developer to become an integral part of our team! You will develop and code for various projects in order to advance software solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Front-end and back-end websites development.
· Develop and expand features and products using a variety of programming languages
· Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
· Review project requirements and write technical specifications• Debug, test, and fix errors
· Document code development and revisions
· Create and use software tools to help automate writing code
· You will assume the leadership of a small to medium team as a software architect and mentor for other not so senior developers.
· The ability to work effectively with remote teams.
· Some travel will be required.
Qualifications and Skills
· Great understanding of Object Oriented Programming and SOLID principles
· Candidates should be able to work as part of a team, great communication skills are expected
· 5+ years of experience writing real world web applications in PHP
· 3+ years of experience with an MVC framework. We use Laravel but if you know Symfony, Code Igniter, Cake or similar we can help you get up to speed
· Pro level of Git is highly desirable
· Ability to analyze web pages for the puprose of optimizing load time
· Great capacity of converting business requirements into technical specifications
· Knowledge of Linux servers is a plus (LAMP)
· Great attention to detail
· Experience with Scrum or any other Agile methodology is a great plus.