Director, Data Engineering (Remote, USA)
- Expired: July 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you innovate with integrity? Believe a team is stronger together? Are you passionate about sustainability? If these are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for courageous, collaborative, and curious problem solvers who are interested in joining our team to help us develop solutions to complex challenges.
Digimarc is a global leader in product digitization, delivering business value across industries through unique identifiers and cloud-based solutions. A trusted partner in deterring digital counterfeiting of global currency for more than 20 years, Digimarc illuminates a product's journey to provide intelligence and promote a prosperous, safer, and more sustainable world. With Digimarc, you can finally see everything. And when you see everything, you can achieve anything. For more information, visit us at digimarc.com.
We are seeking the best technologists in the world as we strive to build a world-class engineering team.
We're looking for a Director, Data Engineering to join us and drive a cohesive data strategy across all our partners. We're looking for a leader with the technical acumen to ensure we build scalable and sustainable data solutions. The Director of Data Engineering will build a team that will implement their defined data strategy and drive data engineering best practices in collaboration with other engineering teams. Does this sound like you? If so, please read on...
WHAT YOU WILL DO...
- Lead, manage, and grow our data engineering team
- Work closely with peers and our global leadership team to establish a motivating environment of innovation and creativity
- Define our data strategy including ingestion, integration, distributed data processing, and data security
- Work to modernize our existing tech stacks and data platforms
- Collaborate with product and other engineering leaders to find areas of opportunities for automation and machine learning
- Partner with Product and other key stakeholders to understand roadmap and vision to identify data requirements and define delivery plans for both business intelligence and data analytics
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to identify functional & technical requirements and design data solutions using best practices and modern architecture.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR...
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the data engineering field
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing engineering teams
- Strong experience with Data Lake Infrastructure, Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics tools
- Strong experience with cloud-based data platforms (AWS, GCP & Azure)
- Solid understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion in creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture where individuals and teams can do their best work and unlock their potential
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values: collaborative, curious, and courageous
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EngineeringView all jobs at Digimarc