Senior Data Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Privately owned and operated, Digible was founded in 2017 with a mission to bring sophisticated digital marketing solutions to the multifamily industry. We offer a comprehensive suite of digital services as well as a predictive analytics platform, Fiona, that is the first of its kind.
At Digible, Inc. we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We're proud to say that for 2021, we are ranked #1 Top Workplace in Colorado AND #1 Workplace for "Best New Ideas". We pride ourselves on our collaborative, transparent, and authentic culture. These values are pervasive throughout every step of a Digible employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our weekly All Hands Transparency Round-up, values are at the heart of working at Digible.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Digible.
Digible, Inc. is seeking a Senior Data Engineer responsible for developing automation for internal agency initiatives and debugging, improving & maintaining end to end legacy and new ELT processes.
The role will report to Digible's Director of Data and Analytics (DNA). The DNA department manages the data collection, integration, transformation, storage, analytics, and data science for our Agency and SaaS products. The Senior Data Engineer will collaborate with our Data and Analytics, Software Engineering, and other business teams including Paid Media, Organic Media, and Operations.
You'll love this job if:
- You love working with data
- You find yourself automating everything possible
- You are a subject matter expert in data extraction, loading, and transformation (ELT) processes, infrastructure, and code development
- You are a Python & SQL aficionado with particular focus on automation
- You have an insatiable appetite for the utility of Data Science & Business Intelligence
- You rock at data engineering including dimensional data modeling, & data warehousing
- You enjoy deciphering, debugging and improving existing processes and underlying code
- You like to take charge of projects and have a strong sense of responsibility for its success
- Software Engineering development principles resonate and apply to your programming
- You have a customer first mentality and truly spend time to understand the needs of the business
- Loves working as a team - You naturally think "we" instead of "I"
- You have a meticulous attention to detail, and a commitment to accuracy
What you'll do:
- Work with the Paid Media, Organic Media, Operations Departments, Software Engineering and DNA's Data Scientist to automate various media planning, buying, and optimization processes (~40% of time)
- Manage monitoring & alerting and support DNA with debugging and resolving bugs (~10% of time)
- Support other Data Engineers to improve the standardization and infrastructure of end to end ELT processes by researching, debugging, and refactoring legacy ELTs (~20% of time)
- Lead cloud infrastructure and architecture data solutions (~10% of time)
- Develop transformations for new data processes and products including model registry and deployment of data science models (~20% of time)
What success looks like:
- Increase paid & organic media efficiency (Accounts & Campaigns per Employee)
- Improve standardization, peer knowledge and documentation of processes & code
- Decrease # of bugs across the extraction, loading, and transformation processes
You should have:
- 5+ years in a Data Engineering role with experience in data warehouses, fetching data from APIs, developing and maintaining ETL to service data marts, data science models and software applications
- Advanced SQL experience and database design with an emphasis on BI and Data Science
- Advanced Python programmer with 5+ years of experience
- Capable of working with large data sets from design to execution including structured and unstructured text
- Able to demonstrate advanced computer and analytical skills with particular knowledge and understanding of the following storage, computing, and tools:
- Snowflake, PostgreSQL, and S3 or equivalent cloud-based data lake/OLAP/OLTP environments
- REST, SOAP, GraphQL APIs
- Amazon Step Function, Airflow, Glue, etc.
- Cron, Docker, API Gateway, Lambdas
- Optional - DBT open source and DBT cloud
- Strong knowledge and working experience with Software Engineering development and deployment practices
- Nice to haves include data & feature processing, plus model tools/libraries management such as Jupyter Notebook, Panda's, NumPy, SciKit-Learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban with comfort level to work in iterative product driven cycles
Authenticity - The commitment to be steadfast and genuine with our actions and communication toward everyone we touch.
Curiosity - The belief that a deep and fundamental curiosity (the "why") in our work is vital to company innovation and evolution.
Focus - The collective will to remain completely devoted and ultimately accountable to our deliverables.
Humility - The recognition and daily practice that "we" is always greater than "I".
Happiness - The decision to prioritize passion and love for what we do above everything else.Pay, perks and such:
- Annual Salary of $115,000-$135,000
- 4-Day Work Week (32 Hour Work Week)
- WFA (Work From Anywhere)
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- We offer 3 weeks of PTO as well as Sick leave, and Bereavement.
- We offer 10 paid holidays (New Years Eve, New Years Day, MLK day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving + day after, Christmas Eve, and Christmas)
- 401(k) + Match
- 50% employer paid health benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- We provide $75/ month reimbursement for Physical Wellness
- We provide $75/ month reimbursement for Mental Wellness
- $1000/year travel fund for employees who have been with Digible 3+ years
- Monthly subscription for financial wellness
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Sponsored Social Events
- Company Provided Lunches, Snacks
- Employee Development Program
TechnologyView all jobs at Digible
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?