DigiLens is looking for Senior Materials Engineers, with a proven track record of successful development of nano-composites. These positions will work with our team in Silicon Valley R&D Centre, located in Sunnyvale, California.
What can DigiLens do for you?
- Provide you with a high impact area of ownership that enables both you and us to grow. Ultimately playing a significant role in our future.
- This position will work hand in hand with Materials, Optical and Process Engineering teams to shape the future of Waveguide optics.
What can you do for DigiLens?
- Formulation of organic nano-composites. Support advancement of nano-materials composed of organic reagents and other additives.
- Synthesis of novel organic materials and characterization. Optical testing of formulations for efficiency, reliability and shelf-life.
- Support a multi-disciplinary team on fabrication and testing for a variety of commercial applications.
- Mentoring, coaching, and training of chemists/technicians to create and maintain documents and procedures.
What you need for success
- BS or equivalent in chemistry or materials science. Masters or Ph.D. desirable.
- Comprehension of chemical formulations and material processing techniques.
- Understanding of photo-induced organic reactions and dye chemistry.
- Team player with “whatever it takes” approach.
- Authorized to work in USA.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 3+ years of experience in the chemical Industry, polymers, liquid crystals or organic reagents. Experience as a Materials Engineer is a plus.
- Experience with cleaning and handling of glass/plastic substrates.
- High level understanding and experience with material preparation and working with reactive materials under inert atmosphere.