Pastry Sous Chef
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DiFebo’s Market is looking to hire an experienced pastry sous chef for our new Bethany Beach location. This is a “sweet position” that offers competitive pay and flexible hours. Full time/ part time - year round position.
Responsibilities and requirements
- Produce a variety of bread and pastries and assist bakers with food preparation
- Maintain production standards
- Exercise decoration techniques demonstrated by the Pastry Chef and other new techniques reflecting industry standards
- Assist bakers with packaging products made in house, stocking shelves, ensuring all baking supplies are sufficiently prepared for next shift
- Assist in training all employees in shop procedures and recipes
- Maintain the work area clean and sanitized at all times
- Responsible for practicing safe food handling and sanitation procedures of the pastry workstations, refrigerators and freezers
- Oversee daily inventory based on projected sales
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the pastry chef
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- 2 or more years of previous pastry sous chef experience
- Build positive, productive relationships with all team members
- Listen actively and communicate openly and respectfully
- Ability to operate a commercial grade oven and other bakery equipment
- Applicants must be 18 years or older
Competitive pay, flexible hours, benefit package available.
789 Garfield PkwyBethany Beach, DE
Get fresh Pastry SOUS CHEF jobs daily straight to your inbox!