2nd Shift Automation Technician
Diemasters Mfg Elk Grove Village, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Diemasters Mfg. Located in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, we are a full-service metal stamping, sheet metal fabrication and assembly company that manufactures precision metal parts. The technician is responsible for the installation and maintenance of punch press and related stamping equipment and other sheet metal manufacturing equipment. The responsibilities include inspection, lubrication, preventive/predictive maintenance and reacting to unplanned maintenance needs for production equipment. This position will report to the Tool Room Supervisor. The Automation-Maintenance Technician is responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, and repairing mechanical and electrical issues on most equipment in the facility in a timely and efficient manner. This position is also responsible for contributing to a safe workplace and minimizing negative impacts by complying with Company policies, procedures, work instructions.
Must be able to inspect, troubleshoot and repair the following:
- Building Maintenance
- Building maintenance
- Motor drives
- Conveyer systems
- Demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot and repair basic electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic issues on most equipment within the plant.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance independently on most plant equipment and includes basic electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Makes process/equipment improvement recommendations to Maintenance Manager.
- Responds to on-call emergencies.
- Communicate critical issues to Group Lead and/or Maintenance Manager in a timely manner.
- Orders parts as needed and maintains spare parts inventory.
- Completes required maintenance documentation in a timely manner which includes work orders, timesheets and parts requests.
- Train machine operators on daily maintenance procedures.
- Performs general plant, building and grounds maintenance as required.
- Adheres to 5s and safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 5+ years experience
- Responsible for preventative maintenance on all production equipment.
- Be able to lift, push, or pull at least 50lbs
- Adhere to good manufacturing practices
- Position may work with vendors and contractors as needed.
- Must pay strict attention to details and have a high-quality standard.
- Candidates should possess solid mechanical and electrical abilities working on industrial equipment.
- Automation and PLC programming is strongly desired
Employees may be exposed to slippery floors, hazardous sanitation chemicals, moving parts/equipment. During production the noise level can be loud. Ear, eye/face protection, hair/beard nets, and slip-resistant shoes are necessary in accordance with the plants GMP and safety procedures
Diemasters MfgWhy Work Here?
A dynamic and growing company with great benefits.
A leading contract manufacturing, precision metal forming and stamping company who recognizes the value of all hard working employees.
2100 Touhy Ave. Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village, IL