Due to the dynamic situation regarding COVID-19, you may experience a delay in the application process for certain positions. While we will continue to accept applications during this time, we ask for your patience and understanding regarding this matter. The health and safety of our employees and community remains our highest priority during this unprecedented time.
Director/Manager of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Make a Difference in People's Lives While Expanding Your Knowledge and Skills
Diverse Role Excellent Training Career Options Great Culture
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services has been a leading provider of community mental health and substance use services since 1942. With a history stretching back to the Great Depression, Didi Hirsch has established a strong reputation in the communities we serve. We help more than 90,000 children and adults each year from ten locations and 100 schools throughout Los Angeles and Orange County. We are committed to excellence, diversity and opportunity. We are dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who make a difference in the lives of the clients we serve. We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package.
- Partner with the executive team to strategize, implement, develop, and drive company wide Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Provide expertise and consultation to members of the leadership team and supervisors to insure smooth and effective implementation of agency goals.
- Offer subject matter expertise, leadership, coaching, education and consultancy to internal stakeholders to propel key D&I outcomes.
- Establish key metrics to assess, measure, forecast and track Didi Hirsch’s impact and effectiveness of D&I initiatives.
- Review current policies and procedures to ensure diversity in the workplace, identifying areas of improvement, where applicable, and making recommendations when necessary.
- Integrate key concepts of belonging, inclusion, and diversity into existing programs, policies and practices.
- Recognize and respond to employee diversity needs, issues and initiatives.
- Provide coaching and guidance for employee leadership groups/committees, organize D&I trainings, and partner with other departments as needed to attain maximum outreach and effectiveness.
- Design, develop, and implement company-wide diversity and inclusion programs, engagement practices and policies leveraging macro-trends, research, analysis and benchmarks.
- Ensure all company communication, including but not limited to, Didi Hirsch website, social media pages, job descriptions, and internal documents use non-discriminatory language.
- In partnership with Human Resources, integrate Diversity & Inclusion strategies, practices, and processes at every stage of the employee lifecycle (i.e. recruitment, employee engagement, retention, learning and development).
- Promote a cohesive and inclusive overarching company culture through engagement and educational strategies, while maintaining a sense of community and local identity in all locations.
- Ensure compliance with state or county regulations on diversity and equity.
- Serve as a change liaison for the organization.
- Implement competitive programs and progressive practices to fulfill key metrics.
- Create, maintain and facilitate data-driven, high-impact Diversity and Inclusion resources in a variety of formats across multiple audiences.
- Partner with other departments to measure the impact and effectiveness of belonging, inclusion, and diversity initiatives and overall impact on culture and the Didi Hirsch experience.
- Develop strong understanding of the agency’s services, current personnel policies, benefits, and salary procedures.
- Become acquainted with the key stakeholders of the agency and with each location’s needs. This will include traveling to each location when appropriate.
- Performs additional related duties as needed.
The employee in this position will:
- Not use or disclose protected health information about any client or other party in compliance with Didi Hirsch’s policies related to state or federal laws such as HIPPA.
- Use appropriate safeguards to protect the confidentiality of such information.
- Report to management any use or disclosure of protected health information not permitted by Didi Hirsch policies related to state or federal laws such as HIPAA.
- Participate in training or briefings on HIPAA information as scheduled.
- Consult with supervisor on any issues or questions about compliance under Didi Hirsch’s policies related to state or federal laws such as HIPAA.
The employee in this position:
- Strives to be flexible and adapts to change.
- Responds resourcefully to new demands and challenges.
- Seeks opportunities to facilitate change and encourages others to do the same.
- Works effectively with and without distraction.
- Maintains a constructive and positive outlook.
- Travels to site locations and outside agencies as needed or requested.
- Has flexibility to work outside of normally scheduled hours.
In the course of performing this work, the employee in this position:
- Will spend time sitting, standing, walking, reaching, speaking, and listening.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Is expected to travel periodically via personal vehicle or public transportation to attend outside professional meetings and visit other Agency sites.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee in this position may operate any/all of the following equipment:
- Telephone, cellular telephone/fax
- Computer, printer and related equipment
- Copy machine
- Personal automobile or public transportation
These specifications are general guidelines based upon the minimum, ordinarily considered essential, to satisfactory performance in this position. Individual skills and abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the employee in this position is required to:
- Have 8+ years of experience with a track record of success in designing, implanting, and driving organizational Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or relevant field.
- Understanding and experience in conflict resolution, recruitment strategies, team building, and best practices.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
- An exceptional communicator and strategic thinker with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas, unique concepts, and proposals.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of the key concepts as it relates to diversity, belonging, and inclusion.
- Strong project/program management skills with a proven ability to demonstrate sound judgment, innovative thought leadership, and creativity.
- Must have experience working with diverse communities and teams.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Current California driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
These requirements may be met by a combination of education and experience that includes at minimum, a bachelor’s degree and several years of increasingly responsible experience in a mental health environment. A related master’s degree is strongly preferred.
The employee in this position must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering the health or safety of him/herself or others.