Why join our team? As a locally owned company, we value our team members and offer an excellent benefits program that includes health insurance, vision and dental care, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, employee discounts, flexible scheduling, opportunities for advancement and more. Come work for a company that gives back to the community through charitable donations and service, supports local commerce, and cares about your personal development. With your people skills and passion for service, you'll help create a shopping experience so good that customers can't imagine shopping anywhere else.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possesses knowledge of basic bakery terms and processes such as fermentation, bench time, proofing and effects of temperature variations on bakery items.
- Assists in making orders for bakery ingredients and supplies and maintains inventory levels in accordance with department and store policy.
- Capable of filling, rotating, arranging and merchandising displays and display cases
- Possesses knowledge of pricing, dating and wrapping or bagging of all bakery products.
- Possesses knowledge of bakery items, descriptions and ingredients so as to better serve our guests and answer any questions that might arise.
- Responsible for the complete processing of larger tier cake orders, including taking orders, producing the cakes and ensuring the final accounting of accessories for which a deposit is to be refunded.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of all novelties and supplies necessary for cake decoration. Assist in the receiving and storing of bakery products.
- Capable of producing other bakery items as directed by the Bakery Merchant.
MINIMUM AGE: 18 Years
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to hot or cold conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 30 pounds from location to location. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Qualifications: Preferred Reliable Transport Employment Type: PART_TIME