Dickinson Cameron is Hiring - Construction Superintendent with TI/ ground experience for retail and restaurant projects.
The ideal candidate will have retail (TI/remodel), corporate interiors, flagship and/or ground up project experience including renovation work in occupied or unoccupied locations.The ideal candidate has passion for building, construction,exceed client's expectations, safety and lead projects while maintaining and developing relationships with co-workers, subcontractors, and client staff.
Position Summary : A Superintendent helps to consistently deliver projects on time & on budget. Our Superintendents are critical to the success of the project team and are directly responsible for the supervision, coordination, scheduling, and control of all field activities of Subcontractors and suppliers.. They oversee project safety and quality control programs in the field, ensuring that the project is constructed as specified and according to state and federal regulations. As a member of the team, superintendents are also responsible for assisting in the professional growth of team members and maintaining relationships with clients ensuring that the clients are absolutely satisfied with their final product.
* 5+ years' experience within the retail/restaurant construction field required
* Experience with luxury retail, corporate interiors, or fine dining, preferred.
* 5+ years' experience of managing and ensuring safety on job sites.
* Experience in managing and directing Subcontractors
* OSHA 30 certified.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office- Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Proven track record of meeting deadlines
* Extensive knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
* Experience in supporting a rapidly growing organization around the complexities of executing work
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Travel is required
* Project management experience a plus
* Consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and exceed clients' expectations. Ensures that all projects are completed by the highest standard.
* Supervision of Subcontractors who are on-site, 100% of the time
* Attend pre-construction meeting with client, architect and mall tenant coordinator. Develop comprehensive project strategy of execution to meet scheduling, logistics, and inspection milestones while meeting all rules and regulations. Identify and address issues of constructibility or lack of scope
* Minimize delays through collaborating with Project Manager at the onset of construction, work with Project Manager to review Subcontractor's scopes and schedule
* Work professionally and fairly with all DCC Subcontractors and vendors at all times. Assure Quality Control throughout the duration of the project
* Responsible for and must be present for all building inspections
* As the Jobsite Safety Manager, oversees all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, eliminate accidents, and ensure a clean, safe and secure work environment
* Responsible for coordinating and scheduling of all the work for the Subcontractors, both owner -supplied as well as DCC Subcontractors ensuring speed, efficiency and quality.
* Proactively assess and change order of construction due to delays to maximize productivity and efficiency
* Throughout the construction project, work in partnership with Project Manager to maintain open communication and maintain an updated an accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project
* Provide accurate information documenting Daily Job Reports, Daily Safety Reports, 3-Week Look Ahead (weekly) and Incident/ Accident Reports
* Maintain fiscal responsibility for labor and other miscellaneous expenses while proactively look for ways to streamline tasks during projects
* Ensure rules and regulations are followed in order to minimize risks and develop a good relationship with all parties involved in the project.
Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to follow and maintain schedule to meet deadlines
* Strong planning and organizational skills
* Extended Travel is required
* Anticipation and forethought of problem-solving and critical thinking
* Ability to drive projects forward with attention to detail
* Ability to represent company well
* Strong interpersonal skills - Ability to develop rapport and maintain strong relationships with internal team, subcontractors, clients and inspectors
* Ability to improvise, adapt and overcome
* Position requires walking on rough/uneven terrain, frequent pushing/pulling/carrying of equipment/objects/debris of varying and often awkward sizes, shapes and weights, including bending, lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing on the job site
* Standing and walking for extended periods. Climbing multiple flights of stairs and ladders repeatedly.
* Hand and finger dexterity to operate keyboard, computer, phone, fax. Viewing computer screen * Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds Work Environment
* Incumbent is subject to all weather conditions, fumes and noise from construction equipment; slippery, uneven surfaces, and may have to climb ladders, bend and stoop to ensure quality workmanship is performed
* Exposure to the elements including heat and cold and dust conditions We are looking to fill the position immediately.
This is a full time position that offers competitive salary, medical benefits, dental, vision, 401k and more. Please reply with your resume and project list in PDF or Word Format and availability.
Visit our website www.dickinsoncameron.com for all our other job openings in CA and NY
Overview: Dickinson Cameron Construction (DCC) is a leading national retail / restaurant construction management firm with over 20 years of proven expertise and innovation. Our firm's capabilities encompass all types of projects, from complete ground-up development to highly complex flagship store build-outs, structural renovations and general interior remodels.