SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Transportation) - PHOENIX, AZ
Salary depends on level of skills and experience.
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of project(s). The Sr. Project Manager is accountable for project performance, ensuring quality control on deliverables, and maintaining client relationships. This role works with new and existing clients and provides direction and guidance to other project managers and project engineers. This role reports to the Transportation Practice Leader.
- Coordinate all project participants, including clients, owners, design teams, internal staff and all other necessary resources
- Actively pursue marketing and business development opportunities while building new and maintaining existing client relationships
- Prepare and participate in project interviews
- Assemble project teams (subconsultants, internal staff) for pursuits
- Prepare and negotiate scopes of work, schedules and fee proposals
- Set up accounting and budget tracking for new projects
- Prepare and manage project schedules and budgets
- Prepare project billing/invoices and follow up with clients to ensure timely receipt of payment
- Perform quality assurance and quality control for project deliverables
- Represent the Company at industry events and conferences
- Participate in the execution of Company strategic initiatives
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team-oriented environment and have a strong commitment to the values of the Company. This role will have the ability to participate in complex and high value projects, manage multiple projects simultaneously without sacrificing quality, make sound decisions for the benefit of the Company, and be able to consistently meet project deadlines while always maintaining a high level of quality.
- Desire and ability to win work within the transportation market
- Ability to manage complex, high value projects
- Provide leadership for other project managers and transportation staff
- Understanding of available resources and the ability to efficiently manage those resources
- Understanding of project budgeting and ability to meet Company performance goals
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the project team including technicians, engineers, sub-consultants and clients
- Ability to effectively communicate project and billing status and needs with the client
- Proven negotiating skills and the ability to successfully negotiate acceptable contracts
- Potential to grow into higher level leadership positions within the Company/Practice
Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, from an accredited college.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Arizona OR be able to obtain an Arizona PE license within 6 months of employment
- Minimum 18-25 years of engineering and project management experience
- Experience working in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation
- Experience with public works projects
- Established client relationships within the state of Arizona
WHO IS DIBBLE ENGINEERING?
Dibble Engineering provides a full range of civil engineering services across Arizona, Colorado and the Southwestern United States. Our broad market expertise offers the ability to deliver complete engineering solutions, from concept to closeout. Dibble Engineering is dedicated to provide quality, timely and value-priced consulting services beyond our clients' expectations.
Founded in 1962, our business is built on honesty, ethics, accountability, quality and service. Our people-focused culture is important and we consider our employees to be Dibble's greatest asset. This culture leads us to many long-term employees that have been with the firm for 15 to 45 years.
Our employees enjoy our industry-leading benefits program, ability to balance their work life and home life, opportunities for development and growth, company events & activities, and the various opportunities to give back with our community activities.
Dibble Engineering has a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Industry competitive salaries
- Bi-Annual Performance Award Plans
- Discretionary Individual Performance Awards
- Employee Referral Awards
Group Insurance Plans
- 100% company paid premiums for employees AND their immediate family for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Additional buy-up options for medical insurance
- Company provided Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Company provided Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance option for employees and their immediate family
- Value Added Employee Assistance Programs
- 401k Plan with immediate eligibility and no waiting period
- Company match program
- Discretionary 401k contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO) with years of service accruals
- Earned Paid Sick Time (PST)
- Paid Holidays
Education, Training, and Associations
- Education Tuition Reimbursement Plan after 1 year of service
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan for Dependents after 5 years of service
- Company paid Professional Associations dues
- Company paid Professional Licenses/Registrations fees
- EIT Rotation Program
- Mentor Program
- In-House Training Program
- Flex Schedule options
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Dibble Engineering is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Posted by ApplicantPro