Working Knowledge of OHC, PASSPORT, MEDICARE/MEDICAID, VA, DD, BUCKEYE, etc. service programs. Participates in all MEDICARE/MEDICAID surveys. Responsible for overseeing compliance to programs with field staff. Must be computer literate in Word/Word Perfect, or related software, Alora Plus and Allegheny. To hear quality and safe delivery of home health services. To coordinate provision of home health care services that reflects the philosophy and standards of Diamonds and Pearls Health Services, LLC. Assists in development, implementation and marketing of agency services, programs, and activities. Responsible for the development and implementation of clinical education programs and objectives for the paraprofessional staff. Plans and develops clinical in-services and ongoing education programs for the organization. Provides preparatory training for the direct service worker as needed. Administers skills testing, recruits, interviews, and recommends for paraprofessional staff. Responsible for maintaining ongoing communication with referral sources and obtaining intake admission information, and verifies home care coverage.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required, BSN preferred. Must maintain current licensure credentialing, as a Registered Nurse, in the state of Ohio. Must possess a minimum of two years’ experience.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Functional operation of the clinical documentation program.
2. Assists in developing intake policies and procedures that adhere to State/Federal regulations
3. Assists in orienting new clinical staff, to assure compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
4. Advises DON of repeated documentation problems, and assists with problem solving.
5. Promotes effective written/verbal communication
6. Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer services and quality care provision.
7. Monitors supervision and evaluation of direct care staff job performance.
8. Evaluates field staff informally and formally with written performance appraisals upon completion of their probationary period and annually.
9. Provides direct supervision to clinical field staff.
10. Maintains compliance with home health care agency policies and procedures.
11. Promotes and maintains an agency environment that is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
12. Promotes education for clients, client families, and the community.
13. Develops training curriculum and in-services in accordance with State and Federal guidelines
14. Maintain all employee files that list educational requirements.
15. Researches and participates in the development of required educational programs
16. Attends staff meetings and in-services
17. Participates in the quality improvement and utilization review activities of the organization.
18. Promotes research and study of concepts related to home health care services.
19. Participates in personal professional growth and development
20. Available on-call coverage if required.
21. Functional operation of the clinical documentation program.
22. Provides leadership and consultation to the clinical and paraprofessional staff.
23. Ensures quality of care by maintaining compliance to all Service Program guidelines.
24. Collaborates with other members of the organization’s management team.
25. Orients staff to all Service Programs documentation and regulatory requirements.
26. Completes and updates plans of care, according to regulatory standards.
27. Establishes and monitors quality patient care standards.
28. Communicates with referral sources to complete intake information.
29. Inputs accurate referral in formation into documentation system to obtain client identification number, then forwards intake to appropriate departments.
30. Receives and screens referrals for appropriateness.
31. Responsible for complete and accurate data collection, data entry, and data correction, according to OASIS procedures.
32. Tracks and maintains client hospitalization, discharge, referral, physician order logs, and notifies appropriate department on a weekly basis.
33. Reports deficiency and potential problem areas to Administrator and assist with problem solving.
34. Complete discharge summaries within 24 hours after discharge as mandated.
35. Reviews, completes, print out initial plans of care, 485’s, recertifications/physician orders within appropriate timelines set by Agency.
36. Records, tracks, and ensure signing of all physician orders.
37. Understands the necessity for timely submission of completed documentation.
38. Researches and recommends development for new programs and services.
39. Certifies and coordinates training of paraprofessional staff, along with Education department.
40. Provides training in patient care according to the organizations policies and procedures.
41. Maintains all documentation of all classes and materials required.
42. Verifies client insurance eligibility on an ongoing basis.
43. Verifies the third party coverage and extent of coverage.
Maintains referral demographic statistics and summarizes and reports same on a monthly