Field Mechanic (Travel Required) - Nationwide
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Diamond Surface Inc. is a Minnesota based company, but we work nationwide. We have been in the heavy highway construction business for 30+ years. We are a very team-oriented family-run company with the goal of helping each other out to complete the task at hand in a safe and efficient manner. We are looking to add a Field Mechanic to our team to travel with our crews.
JOB SUMMARY: To maintain and repair all heavy highway construction equipment for the job site.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on semi tractors, trailers, and various other construction equipment
- Diesel and gas engine diagnostics and repairs with computer diagnostics if needed.
- Documentation of all repairs and maintenance
- Knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, and welding experience
- Health Insurance
- Multiple Options
- Dental Insurance - 100% employer paid
- Life Insurance
- 401K retirement
- Home for the holidays
- Company apparel
- Paid referral program
- Year-end bonuses
- Company paid hotel rooms
- Read blue prints and schematics of electrical and hydraulics
- Class A drivers license with tanker endorsement, good driving record, complete inspections, elogs, and fuel reports
- Make practical decision on whether to repair or replace components based on safety, time line and cost
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- 1-3 years of experience or extensive mechanical ability
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more as needed
- Must be able to stay with equipment for long periods of time
- Ability to climb or crawl on equipment occasionally and on the ground to work on equipment
- Exposure to heat, cold, and natural environment on a regular basis
- Extensive travel and long hours
- Noisy environment
Diamond Surface Inc
AutomotiveView all jobs at Diamond Surface Inc