Location: Chicago, Illinois
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This is an opportunity for a mechanic to leverage his/her technical education, mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting and repair abilities. You'll work at our Chicago, IL shop, repairing trucks, diesel engines and road construction equipment.
To be a strong fit for this position you will require:
- Working knowledge of diesel engines and electrical and hydraulic components
- The desire to learn and develop your abilities through hands-on work and carefully following instructions
- Personal set of tools
- Familiarity with concrete cutting equipment, semi-trucks, trailers & street sweepers would be a plus
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to interact and communicate continuously and effectively
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- The ability to learn new system(s) / technology as required
- A flexible, coachable, and affable demeanor
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Performing oil changes
- Adjusting/replacing brakes; installing new parts
- Ensuring inspections and tags are up-to-date
- Troubleshooting diesel engines for ongoing maintenance needs and major repair evaluation purposes
- Completing preventative maintenance on all fleet vehicles and equipment
- Entering, completing and tracking work and equipment through a service ticket system
- Filling in for other mechanics as needed for vacations, overflow, etc.
- Daily interaction with field, dispatch and management personnel; interacting with dealers and other external stakeholders as required.
- All applicants must have an active unrestricted driver's license. Many jobs sites will also require a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Diamond Coring Co. Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled persons to apply in person or https://diamondcoring.applicantpro.com/jobs/
This job description is not intended to be misconstrued as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills and working conditions associated with this position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position, activities, and requirements...management reserves the right to modify and assign other duties as necessary.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Diamond CompaniesHammond, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.