**Only applicants with previous renal experience will be considered**
The Patient Care Technician performs patient care duties while under the supervision of a registered nurse. This may include provision of patient assistance and transfer to treatment chair, etc. They may also provide inventory and other administrative duties.
- Set up dialysis machines;
- Initiate and terminate dialysis machines according to policies and procedures;
- Measure and record patient treatment record;
- Reinforce training and education provided by other team members; and
- Follow approved quality control procedures when assisting with Hemodialysis procedures under supervision of registered nurse.
- Delivers patient care in compassionate and non-discriminatory manner;
- Ensures informed consent appropriately signed before procedures are conducted; and
- Provides assistance as requested or needed by other team members.
- Completes required regulatory trainings in timely manner; and
- Participates in four to eight hours of annual educational activities related to job function.
4) Performs similar or related duties as requested or directed.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- At least 12 months of hemodialysis experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Basic PC skills;
- Familiarity with EMR; and
- Good observation and documentation skills.
- Current BLS required; and
- Current BONENT or NNCC Certification;
- Current driver's license.
- Able to sit and work at computer for extended periods of time;
- Walk, sit, lift no more than 50 pounds;
- Must be able to identify and differentiate colors; and
- Must be willing to travel to network facilities and sites as needed.