Dialysis Care Center, a rapidly growing boutique dialysis provider based in the southwest suburbs of Chicago, is seeking a Part-Time Dialysis Social Worker at our Fremont, MI location.There will be on-the-job training.
Position Details:The Social Worker provides Social Services to patients in order to maximize the patients’ well-being and improve outcomes. Also works as part of an Interdisciplinary Team to maximize patient care and support the company to meet those goals of the QAPI activities.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Conduct assessments and devise plans of care to help improve adjustment to dialysis
· Assist with home management in conjunction with the Inter-disciplinary Team (IDT)
· Communicate effectively with the IDT about patient issues, intervention and goals
· Consult with doctors, therapists and medical professionals
· Work with admissions to ensure insurance issues are addressed
· Actively participate in activities that elevate clinical outcomes throughout the QAPI process
· Work with Crownweb for submission of data
· Participate in individual & group projects as directed by management
· Other duties, as assigned
· Responsible for supporting the values and customer service standards of DCC/HDS.
· Accountable for outstanding customer service to all staff, clients and vendors
· Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
· Initiates action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting; experience in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word and Excel a must;
· Good presentation & communication skills
· Must be productive & resourceful with the ability to meet deadlines
· Must be a self-starter who can work independently yet function in a highly collaborative, fast- paced team environment.
· Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines effectively
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong data entry, organizational and interpersonal skills
· High integrity, team player with patient service focus and flexibility
· Minimum 1 year of experience working as a renal social worker
· Masters of Social Work, required
· Current state licensure, required
Job Type: Part-time