Looking for a CLS Fulltime - Flexible shift in Torrance, CA.
• Perform accurate analysis of laboratory specimens
• Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency and understanding in laboratory procedures in one or more sections of the Pathology Department to facilitate quality patient care and diagnosis
• Participate in solution of technical problems requiring a great degree of independent judgment and assist in development of testing in the assigned section(s)
• Participate in training and teaching responsibilities of the department
Qualifications Required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Physics, or Biology with specific required courses plus 1 year ASCP approved Medical Technology training program
• Current California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist License or eligible
• Ability to deal effectively with many people across a broad range of cultural backgrounds and ages
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Proficient in PC software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills Preferred Qualifications For This Position Include
• At least 2 years of clinical laboratory experience after completing training • At least 1 year hospital laboratory experience
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
· Perform pre-analysis, analysis and post-analysis of laboratory tests according to the department�s protocols and procedures.
· Follow laboratory protocol to ensure proper identification of patients and specimens.
· Evaluate tests results, test processes, quality control and assurance requirements where applicable.
· Ability to meet department scheduling and attendance requirements.
· Require effective communication, verbally, in writing and through other means.
· Consistently apply infection control policies and procedures.
· Attend and actively participate in department specific education, training, in-services, process improvement initiatives and staff meetings.
· Participates in performance improvement projects in the laboratory.
· Ensures equipment and safety devices are used as intended and designed.
· Ensures compliance at all times with hospital and laboratory policies and procedures.
· Perform data management and documentation activities.
· Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
· Ability to be at work and be on time.
· Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives.
· Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
· Ability to prioritize and multitask.