- $24 to $25 Hourly
Located in Federal Way, Washington and founded in 1987, DiagnosTechs is a pioneer and leader in saliva-based and other noninvasive testing. Our top goals are to improve patient health, provide high-quality lab testing, using noninvasive collection procedures, minimizing trauma to the patient. Saliva testing is a particularly powerful tool for evaluating stress, hormone-related disease and health conditions, especially over time. Our high-caliber employees and cutting-edge technologies have enabled us to continue to expand and improve our in-home testing repertoire. Our commitment to assisting healthcare professionals with the health and wellness of their patients is unsurpassed, with over 1.2 million specimens tested per year.
Junior Accountant Role
We’d like to add a highly qualified Junior Accountant to support the daily operations of the finance team. The ideal candidate should have a natural passion for math and an eagerness to learn more about financial planning, tax strategy, and budgeting. Under the direction of the Accountant, the junior accountant will update and maintain records, reconcile bank statements, and manage the accounting databases. This person will join like-minded experts who are continually focused on sharpening their skills and advancing in their profession.
Junior Accountant Job Description
The Junior Accountant is expected to be detail oriented, have strong problem-solving skills, have an analytical mind, fantastic organizational skills and work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, the junior accountant should be a critical thinker, proficient in math and accurate with a solid understanding of account and financial reporting principles and practices. The Junior Accountant will have outstanding report writing skills with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Position reports to the Accountant
Junior Accountant Responsibilities:
· Daily: Open mail, enter payables, reconcile payables, and enter cash receipts.
· Ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and federal and state regulations.
· Resolve account payable and receivable issues or queries.
· Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
· Assist in financial and tax audits, and general ledger preparation.
· Complete end of month close procedures.
· Other duties as assigned or required.
Junior Accountant Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related (essential).
· 1 year of accounting work experience (essential).
· Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
· Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
· Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills.
· Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.
Preferred skills and qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in finance or accounting
· One or two years of experience in clerical accounting
· Experience with financial planning software
Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision plan offerings as well as company sponsored life insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, paid holidays, and sick leave.
DiagnosTechs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. DiagnosTechs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. DiagnosTechs conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
DiagnosTechs Inc.Federal Way, WA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.