Under the direction of the Medical Director and Laboratory Director, this position will lead the daily operations of a busy clinical and research microbiology department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and direct day-to-day Microbiology operations, scheduling of technical staff, results release and reporting, and development and verification of test procedures, performed as directed by the Medical Director and Laboratory Director
- Be responsible for reporting pathogens to appropriate state and county authorities
- Maintain a quality control program appropriate for the testing performed and establish parameters for acceptable levels of analytic performance. Ensure the levels are maintained throughout the entire testing process.
- Resolve technical issues and ensure that the correct remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been completed and the test system is functioning properly
- Make observations of routine patient test performance, including specimen preparation, processing and testing
- Approve and monitor the recording and reporting of test results
- Review intermediate test results or worksheets, quality control records, proficiency testing results and preventive maintenance records
- Schedule and oversee instrument maintenance and function checks
- Assess test performance through testing using previously analyzed specimens, internal blind testing samples or external proficiency testing samples
- Prepare for all Laboratory Inspections by DOH, The Joint Commission, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director and Laboratory Director, to include: occasional overnight travel nationally and internationally for the company to represent the company at trade shows and scientific symposia, and to author technical white papers and manuscripts for publication or presentation through medical, laboratory science and marketing talks.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor and portray company core values to providers and co-workers
- Display strong personal management skills, including time management, planning, organizing and delivery of results
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone
- Highly skilled in reviewing, compiling and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Be patient, friendly, and have an out-going personality; able to work well with all types of people
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in either Microbiology, Medical Technology, Bacteriology or related
- M(ASCP) certification or equivalent.
- 10+ years of handling high complexity testing within the specialty of Microbiology including the subspecialty of Bacteriology and Molecular Biology.
NO CALLS FROM RECRUITERS OR TEMPORARY AGENCIES PLEASE.
This position is direct hire only.
DiagnosTechs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as a participation in the company sponsored life insurance, 401K and flexible spending accounts, as well as paid vacation, paid holidays, and sick leave.
Why Work Here?"Since 1987, DiagnosTechs Clinical & Research Laboratory has pursued proven, noninvasive testing options for healthcare providers and their patients. DiagnosTechs was the first laboratory to introduce saliva testing for cortisol into routine practice. Building on that innovation, we now provide noninvasive saliva and stool test panels for a range of hormones, food sensitivities, microbes, pathogens, and parasites."