- Expired: October 11, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Diaconia is looking for a talented Java Developer to join our Amazing team!
If you're looking to join a company that truly appreciates you and your talents, look no further! At Diaconia, we are committed to serving and caring for our colleagues, our clients and our community. Our team is made up of talented individuals who appreciate having the opportunity to contribute their knowledge and experience to further the growth and development of our industry. Our ideal candidates embrace diverse thinking, enjoy partnering with others and are seeking to make a difference!
We are currently searching for a new, full-time member for our team for the position of: Java Developer in the DC Metro area:
Summary Description of Assignment/Role:
- Develop and maintain Java code on the mainframe
- Provide production support as needed
- Document existing logic
- Continue work in agile team to modernize existing systems.
Skillsets should include:
- Active MBI Clearance Required***
- A minimum of 3 - 8* years collective developing applications in JAVA.
- Experience with JAVA on the mainframe
- 5+ years experience with Mainframe (z/OS preferred)
- 5+ years experience with large scale (100M+ rows) DB2 processing environments
- 5+ years experience with SQL
- 3+ years experience with JCL
- DB2 utilities
- Knowledge of DB2 data structures
- Mainframe utilities and tools
- Cobol experience a plus
- Good understanding of data models
- Prior experience working on Agile teams.
- Excellent communication skills with client stakeholders at all organizational and technical levels
- Demonstrated ability to seek out information (proactive learning)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team
* Bachelor's Degree or above preferred. More experience is required for non-degreed candidates.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to contribute to a high-performing, motivated workgroup by applying interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve project goals
- Ability to contribute to the creation of an environment that motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Diaconia is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
AddressCollege Park, MD
Get fresh Remote JAVA Programmer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.