DevOps Engineer - Remote
- Posted: November 09, 2022
Diaconia is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our Amazing team!
If you're looking to join a company that truly appreciates you and your talents, look no further! At Diaconia, we are committed to serving and caring for our colleagues, our clients and our community. Our team is made up of talented individuals who appreciate having the opportunity to contribute their knowledge and experience to further the growth and development of our industry. Our ideal candidates embrace diverse thinking, enjoy partnering with others and are seeking to make a difference!
We are currently searching for a new, full-time member for our team for the position of:
DevOps Engineer - RemoteJob Description
The DEVOPS Engineer will work closely with the Tech and Software management in planning and implementing all DVIDS projects and enhancements
- Installation, configuration, and upgrades of Linux operating system and dependent software stacks (PHP, Apache, Nginx, MySQL)
- Review of internally written code and deployment to production
- Monitoring and response to system issues
- Write and maintain clean, well-written PHP code and documentation conforming to standards
- Benchmark, optimize and scale PHP/MySQL application
- Role is approximately 50% dev, 50% sysadmin/ops
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum two (2) years of creating and maintaining fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with modern SCM (mercurial, git)
- Experience with Composer to manage PHP dependencies
- Experience with automation language (Chef, Puppet, Fabric, etc)
- Experience with JSON, jQuery, and PHP5 MVC frameworks (Zend, Laravel, Symfony, etc)
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, take direction and collaborate well with others
- Experience with AWS Cloud deployments
- Experience working with LXD and Docker containers
- Knowledge of web-based media compression, encoding, and playback
- Hands-on experience integrating PHP with 3rd-party solutions (ffmpeg, ImageMagick, etc)
- Hands-on experience with deploying to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Hands-on experience with open source monitoring applications (Nagios, Zabbix)
- Service or familiarity with the military preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) issued Common Access Card (CAC)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Secret security clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Linux certification Required
- AWS Developer Certification Required
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification Required
- CompTIA Security+ Required
- MySQL certification Preferred - (Will be required to obtain.)
- CISSP certification is Preferred - (Will be required to obtain.)
- Content media knowledge such as AWS MediaConvert, AWS MediaLive Required
- Active Public Trust Clearance Preferred
The nature of this position requires the employee to work in a highly technical environment. This position requires the ability to work at a fast-paced and potentially high-stress level, and the ability to work the occasional evenings, weekends and holidays. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Diaconia is An Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?