Patients rely on us to promptly deliver their medications, equipment and supplies without hassle. Associates work with our patients over the phone and through online messaging to answer questions and take orders. Employees at Diabetes Supply must uphold our core values: patient centric, driven, team player, smart working, and always improving.
Within this very fast-paced team environment, you will interact directly with patients, use various resources to gather medical documents and update online records in our order management system, as well as other administrative duties as they are assigned.
The Customer Service Associate reports directly to the Resupply Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Answer 40-50 phone calls per day from patients looking for assistance with their supply order.
· Respond to patient text messages, voicemails and emails using our secure messaging system.
· Greet patients visiting our office to pick up their order.
· Obtain needed documentation for supply orders or authorizations from physicians and other referral sources.
· Call health insurance companies to obtain prior authorizations.
· Contribute to the team-based environment by encouraging others and identifying opportunities for improvement.
· Create situational awareness for the team by thoroughly tracking all activity in our order management system.
· Maintain current knowledge, understanding and compliance with company guidelines as published in the employee handbook.
· Maintain client/patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA requirements.
· One year of Customer Service job experience in healthcare required.
· One year of high-volume call center experience preferred.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) is a plus.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications and general computer literacy.
- Chosen by Manufacturers
- Recommended by Providers
- Preferred by Customers
- Valued by Communities
We are in-network with most major insurances and hold pharmacy licenses in: Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin & Wyoming.