Diabetes Supply is a growing company with a dynamic culture of patient centric, always improving, smart-working, and driven team players. Our unique environment focuses on unity verses uniformity and strives to put the right person in the right seat with the collective mission of improving the lives of people impacted by chronic conditions. We are looking for a Billing Associate who is reliable, possesses excellent communication skills, has a big heart for others and demonstrates a high level of attention to detail. The Billing Specialist will be rewarded for individual accomplishments and have potential opportunities for advancement and growth personally and professionally. We take pride in promoting from within.
The Billing Associate will be responsible for accurately balancing, collecting, recording and updating outstanding patient accounts. This position reports directly to the Billing & Contracting Manager, works closely with the Billing Specialist and collaborates with several departments in daily functions to assist our patients with customer service needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for patient collection calls, receivables and receipts
- Prepares bank deposits daily
- Prepares and sends patient statements
- Assists customer and insurance refunds
- Communicates billing information to and from patients, involving complaints
- Posts payments
- Receives incoming calls
- Updates essential financial information
- Maintains current knowledge, understanding and compliance with company guidelines as published in the Employee Handbook
- Maintains client/patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA requirements
- All other activities as directed by the Billing Lead/Billing & Contracting Manager
- At least 1-year customer service job experience, preferably medical billing or accounting.
- High School degree/equivalent.
- Chosen by Manufacturers
- Recommended by Providers
- Preferred by Customers
- Valued by Communities
We are in-network with most major insurances and hold pharmacy licenses in: Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin & Wyoming.
Why Work Here?Diabetes Supply helps individuals on their journey toward diabetes self-management. We care for patients by providing durable equipment, supplies and medications. Our focus is to be: - Chosen by Manufacturers - Recommended by Providers - Preferred by Customers - Valued by Communities We are in-network with most major insurances and hold pharmacy licenses in: Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin & Wyoming.
Great employer and room for growth!