Union Heavy Equipment GPS Dozer Operator (Independence Excavating)
Heavy Equipment GPS Dozer Operator - Union
Independence Excavating is looking for an experienced and ambitious Heavy GPS Dozer Operator to join our Sterling VA location.
What do we believe in?
Provide a safe, family-oriented environment. Commitment to integrity. Protect our most valuable assets.
Always deliver the highest quality. Find solutions. Provide value to our partners.
Positively impact the communities we serve. Give back. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
A typical day looks like:
- Performing daily safety maintenance and checks
- Ensuring heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Informing and advising management for maintenance or major repairs on equipment
- Responding to signals and directions by staff and work in coordination with them
Do you have what it takes?
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 3-5 years’ experience running heavy equipment such as excavators and dozers is required
- GPS experience
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Must be able to perform a try-out running the equipment during the interview process
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Position functions in the field (100%), in all types of weather conditions
- Current Union Member in good status with the International Union of Operating Engineers, or a willingness to become a member
Who is IX?
From breaking ground to the finished project, our team has been laying the groundwork for excellence on heavy civil construction and demolition projects for over 65 years. We combine innovations of industry with decades of successfully completed projects, proving we are a value-added partner from the ground up! Over six decades, Independence Excavating has established a team of construction professionals that sets us apart from other contractors. To learn more, visit our website: https://www.indexc.com/
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
DiGeronimo CompaniesSterling, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.