Professional Land Surveyor (Independence Excavating)
- Posted: over a month ago
Virginia Professional Land Surveyor
Who is IX?
From breaking ground to the finished project, our team has been laying the groundwork for excellence on heavy civil construction and demolition projects for over 60 years. We combine innovations of industry with decades of successfully completed projects, proving we are a value-added partner from the ground up! Over six decades, Independence Excavating has established a team of construction professionals that sets us apart from other contractors.
What do we believe in?
Provide a safe, family-oriented environment. Commitment to integrity. Protect our most valuable assets.
Always deliver the highest quality. Find solutions. Provide value to our partners.
Positively impact the communities we serve. Give back. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
The Virginia Professional Land Surveyor is responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- Producing and verifying cut sheets
- Oversees and coordinates the initial layout at the job site and provides continual monitoring of the same
- Provide work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of material by crafts, i.e.,
- Provide checking of as-built conditions that require the use of surveying techniques
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities
- Provide quantity calculations as required
- Prepare documentation of surveying activities
- Maintain condition and adjustment of surveying equipment
- Supervise Surveying Technician and Surveying Trainee personnel
- Coordinate surveying activities with the assigned engineer to meet the construction requirements
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
- Responsible for training any assistants
- Regularly makes important decisions on interpreting drawings and specifications and applying them to the physical layout at the job site. There can be large financial implications if inaccurate measurements and/or incorrect installation of materials is made
Do you have what it takes?
- Active Professional Land Surveyor License in the state of Virginia required
- Minimum HS Diploma. Additional training and/or related certificate preferred
- Minimum five years previous related experience
- Comfort level with Trimble GPS equipment, Trimble machine control, Trimble total station setup, ect.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to build surfaces for GPS equipment
- Utilize and have thorough understanding of surveying practices and equipment use
- Must have good math skills
- Must be able to verbally communicate instructions and plans well with all internal and external contacts
- Must be able to effectively communicate rationale behind decisions made
- Work must be performed carefully and with great accuracy
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Position typically functions at the job site in all-weather elements
- This is a field position- willingness to work outside and in all weather conditions
- Local travel to job sites required
- Occasional overtime may be necessary during peak times
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive and rich benefits package. Interested candidates should submit their resume along with salary requirements.
Independence Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ConstructionView all jobs at DiGeronimo Companies