Estimator - Heavy Civil (Independence Excavating)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Independence Excavating is looking for a detail-oriented Estimator with a knack for accuracy and analytics to join our team in Sterling VA. The Estimator is responsible for determining the total cost of heavy civil construction projects by creating comprehensive and quality estimates. This position offers stability and provides a path for career advancement and opportunities for growth.
What do we believe in?
Provide a safe, family-oriented environment. Commitment to integrity. Protect our most valuable assets.
Always deliver the highest quality. Find solutions. Provide value to our partners.
Positively impact the communities we serve. Give back. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
A typical project looks like:
- Reading, understanding and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Soliciting quotes from subcontractors and suppliers, estimate to be 95% complete prior to formal review with Chief Estimator
- Preparing rough schedule of project for determining time frame
- Reviewing estimated productions with superintendents to finalize the bid
- Entering detailed data into our HCSS HeavyBid software
- Other duties as assigned
Do you have what it takes?
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as Construction Management is preferred
- 3-5 years of previous related experience is required in heavy civil work
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to handle the variety of tasks assigned
- Must develop positive working relationships with owners and project engineers as well as local government office
- Ability to perform complete and accurate project take-offs and estimates
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with employees, external vendors, owners, and general contractors
- Must be able to prepare letters that present a concise and logical point of view
- Prefer to have someone with experience using: Microsoft Office Software; HCSS HeavyBid & HeavyJob; Primavera; P6 Scheduling Software; Accounting Software
- Weekly Competitive Pay!
- Excellent Benefits:
- FSA & HSA
- Life Insurance + Optional Family Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- 401(k) + Company match
- Paid corporate training program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Stability and a variety of different roles that provide a path to career advancement
- Family-owned and operated since 1956
Who is IX?
From breaking ground to the finished project, our team has been laying the groundwork for excellence on heavy civil construction and demolition projects for over 65 years. We combine innovations of industry with decades of successfully completed projects, proving we are a value-added partner from the ground up! Over six decades, Independence Excavating has established a team of construction professionals that sets us apart from other contractors. To learn more, visit our website: https://www.indexc.com/
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
DiGeronimo CompaniesSterling, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.