- Posted: 3 days ago
- $75,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
We are seeking an SQF Practitioner to become an integral part of our team! We are currently a HACCP certified cheese plant and are making the jump to SQF LVL2; We would like to hire someone who is able to establish and maintain our SQF program, while maintaining the day to day operations of quality control with our team.
- Develop, administer and maintain all applicable Food Safety Policies and related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Lead our QC department
- Stimulate and cultivate a "food safety culture” throughout the facility, and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Monitor production cleanliness, testing, etc
- Work with other team members to maintain quality standards (please note, we prefer to educate our employees rather than discipline)
- Manage document control system, pest control program, and sanitation program
- Determine and implement employee training needs related to Quality and Food Safety
- Perform internal audits and supplier regulatory quality audits
- Audit Preparation and Completion
- SQF LVL2 Audit
- Customer Audits
- Keeping all Approved Supplier Registry Files updated
- Verify that all the documentation, reports and records for Food Safety, Quality, HACCP, and Food Defense procedures are complete and as required
- Verify cleaning and sanitation in accordance with the SSOP's
- Fill out Company forms and logs daily in accordance with the SOP's
- Other tasks and duties as needed
- Educational degree in science field preferred (Food science or Sanitation is a plus) or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in SQF
- Strong root-cause analysis skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Have an understanding of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing and the requirements to implement and maintain an SQF System
- Knowledgeable on computer systems and software (Microsoft Office)
- Organized, with the ability to track multiple activities involving numerous details
- Sanitation experience
- Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PQCI) Certified
- Must have firm understanding of test procedures, statistics and process controls
Di Stefano CheeseWhy Work Here?
Family owned; We pride ourselves on being artisan cheese makers who run a company of highly qualified individuals who enjoy working here.
We are a family owned cheese company in Southern California that has a lifetime of experience, tradition, and passion for making cheese. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to grow our team to help us reach new levels of distribution. (nationwide/international)
1485 e 3rd stPomona, CA